1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

So, Your Line is Clear Now.

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Pallavi4me, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

[JUSTIFY]
    So, Your Line is Clear Now................:spin

Today someone near to me asked about the wedding plans of my sister. I have updated about the happenings in a brief.

So what follows next.. they said.. so your line is clear now…. This is not unexpected to me. I’m habituated to this stuff from my friends & relatives, of course it may not be the same sentence always but all of them convey the same summary.

Many of my friends and class mates have got married (including guys) and some of them have kids too. Still few girls are there for my company :hiya. Thank god.. So in that way I’m a bit safe and can answer something.

Generally, whenever somebody asks me “When you are going to get married?”.. to be on safe side for some time, I tell them that may be after 2years. My answer is the same from last two years. :thumbsup

See, I’m standing by my word. I’m not the kind of person who retracts her own statement. That’s the way I manage to escape people when they point out that they heard the same answer 2 years back.

Question and answers apart!!!

If I ask myself, “Am I ready for marriage??”…….. Seriously I don’t know the answer. I don’t know yet. Till now since sister’s wedding is not finalised, I’m not targeted. Though some of the matches have come, I have been in the safe zone, since parents are of the opinion till Didi got married we will not proceed for the younger one. I have escaped and need not to answer anything to anybody. I thank god for that too. Because if someone asks me, whether I like certain guy’s photograph / profile I don’t have any answer.

And coming back to the discussion, it went on for few minutes. I told, “See by the time sister wedding takes place it will be mid of 2012 and parents certainly need some breathing time and 13 is an odd number, I don’t feel good about the number , so will get married in 2014.” (eppadi…. :) En badil)

My friend told that you are already there as per age and its best to get married by 25 and you are already 25+ and if you wait for 2more years………..

By now, I ran out of all the possible witty / simple answers…… Then I have used my bramhastraa……………….

“Why you are worrying, when parents are not even considering it??” (I know it is a bit rude.. I’m sorry my dear for that)

That is the ultimate nail in the discussion.

So Line is clear for me. But the important aspect should be whether the boy / girl are ready to travel down the line that is clear for them at that point of time.

P.S. / Disclaimer: This post is definitely not to express my displeasure of the conversation with my friend. Dear Friend, I respect you as a person and you are entitled for your opinion. The post is not to rant about you, I always appreciate & remember the conversations we had.
    [/JUSTIFY]

2. mums

mums Platinum IL'ite

Congrats for your didi.......

I can understand your situation, since i was in same boat......but it was for brother.

Good question.

Every one should marry only when they are ready irrespective of age and job.

Love has no age limit.....it can happen anytime.

So, enjoy well......write more blogs.....do all thillalangadis........when you are ready tell your parents..........invite us for yummy foody marriage.

I will give another fb......later.

3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

You are absolutely correct. Everyone should have the right mindset before getting married. Marriages are made in heaven but lived here and now. But every time, when a girl is not ready to marry, it worries the parents a lot. My humble suggestion is to be open to the parents and tell them your thoughts so that they would be at ease. In your case, it is good that they have not opened up as yet about this with you and would probably do it after your sister's marriage.

I am a big believer that we should pursue our life without impacting others life negatively. The parents might face pressure once your sister is married.

Viswa

4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Pallavi dear I also agree with what Mums and Viswa have said. When the time comes and you get the right person you will be married. People always worry about others, till a girl gets married they will ask when is the marriage and after marriage any good news. The parents also get worried when their daughters will be married. They want them to get married at the right age so that they can enjoy their married life

5. strangerrr

strangerrr Gold IL'ite

Pallavi,

Let me ask a question from my part: Marry whenever you wish to... but will you banquet NV???

:)

6. suryakala

suryakala IL Hall of Fame

Yeah, your point of view is correct.Choosing your partner is according to your wish!But a girl should get married at their correct age( after 25).So after your sisters marrige then you have to get ready for your marriage!! Be ready,(mentally)!Be a open mind,do not worry about anything,Be happy always,, and try to co-operate with your parents.

7. Anisu

Anisu Platinum IL'ite

you have penned down your thoughts nicely pallavi ....I agree with your point of view ..

8. tuffyshri

tuffyshri Gold IL'ite

so, are you inviting eligible bachelors through this post?? :) :) ok ok... adikka varadheenga!! :)

9. neha124

neha124 New IL'ite

Pallavi,

First of all nice blog and i guess we share the same age and same point of view but your blog has been an Eye opener and Viswa's advice has been noted down.

10. nnarmadha

nnarmadha Platinum IL'ite

OF course, your line is clear now..
    But choose right partner at right age..That is more important..
    Mums, liked yr comments..