1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

So I Finally Figured Out What Makes Him Happy

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Rakhii, Aug 9, 2018.

1. lavani

lavani Platinum IL'ite

actually in my house too my DH said the same years back. I went to counselling too. . this happened long back. one my relatives an old lady mentioned, it is not the anger. it is the voice modulation ( :smash2:. ) that triggers some people. they get extremely triggered even when you are really calm. my dh used to get really angry even when i was not angry but telling something.

it sounds weird now, i did record my voice. it was kinda deep shrill one :) . i had to practice a lot to hold my emotions.

i did not do because i am too scared for fights. it helped me and my kids and overall family a lot. my neighbor a beautiful tamil woman always fights with everyone in her house. last night at 12 she picked some fight and then went out of the home banging the door. she has 2 very cute and smart kids. I don't want that life.

2. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Hahaha so true sometimes ;).

3. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Seriously :roflmao:
    My DH even said next time let’s record and check my voice. I’m like :shakehead:
    I think from college days my voice is like this. If I get excited about something I used to talk louder. But never knew it’s effect would be like this after marriage :facepalm:

Lalithambigai likes this.
  4. BiriyaniAroma

BiriyaniAroma Silver IL'ite

Possible. But such blend of men( after entering into 30s) are not very common. This is what I have been believing so far , at least ! Maybe, I am wrong !

5. poovai

poovai Platinum IL'ite

Everyone has their own little secret.

My DH doesn't like shopping. I don't ask / even tell him, simply stock up his closet, including his shoes, sneakers.

Now from my son, I learned more about the new trend. My DH loves his new brand of shoes!

Before leaving the house, usually I do scan my DH for 'spot checking'.

I couldn't stop laughing, when I read the news about Price Harry, Men! His new wife has to pay attention before walking out of the palace.

Prince Harry Attended a Wedding with a Hole in His Shoe and We Totally Missed It

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
    Optimist2019 and shravs3 like this.
  6. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

poovai likes this.
  7. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Mine is a very simple creature.
    And that's why I didn't have to work so hard to get him on my side despite of all the issues we had due to our inter-religious marriage initially.
    1. Good sex as and when he wants. He gets excited if I tell him that I like what he does
    2. Any food that he is familiar with. Taste is not a huge deal, as long as it is hot, fresh and ready when he is hungry
    3. Tea or coffee as soon as he reaches home - also as soon as he gets up in the AM. This makes him extremely loving
    4. Allow him to spend on dresses and gadgets as he likes. He always wants the best
    5. More importantly, make sure I don't nag him though I might sometimes feel like killing him for what his family does. But he rewards my silence in double fold.
    6. Strangely he is so excited like kids when we decide briyani day or pizza night, though it means ordering food from outside
    7. He likes travelling, and he is never tired of driving. So, of course I honestly compliment his driving skills, which makes him high
    8. He is happy whenever I speak proudly about him with my friends or family.
    9. He is happy as long as I give him an ear to listen to his problems or even some useless gossips.
    10. He is happy as long as I let him watch unlimited TV time, without nagging about kids or their study matters

As long as I follow the above, he is happy and our live is happy.

Why complicate life.... But you know, it took me nearly a decade to understand this technique

8. Topaz49

Topaz49 Gold IL'ite

Your desire to make him happy is nothing but expression of love. Love comes in ways that we can easily overlook in our daily lives. Your husband is recognizing, enjoying and saying to himself “how did I get so darn lucky?” It is the little things that you do, can mean everything in a relationship that fuels the health of your relationship.

It’s fair to say that life is made up of moments, it’s a long string of memories.

vaidehi71 likes this.
  9. ragz2richez

ragz2richez Bronze IL'ite

I think you are wrong. Its 50/50, some may not care but the rest do.

BiriyaniAroma likes this.
  10. silentlistener

silentlistener Silver IL'ite

Great understanding really!! In the assortment of number 1 to 10 , the first priority you have assigned to, is very precise. Then comes the second priority food and tasty food etc, and all other minor stuffs of life.

Many wives even now unfortunately believe in the oft- repeated myth, "win a man's heart through his stomach".

I wish they come here and read this post of you. The priority number one to ten and the assortment of the importance you have given to it