1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Sneaking exercise in your daily routine.

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by shivachoubey, Jan 6, 2010.

1. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

When I was in my teens I used to love listening to music and go for a stroll on my terrace. It was kind of my daily schedule then. I still enjoy listening to music and now it is my constant partner while I am exercising.

I am not a very big fan of exercise but nevertheless I set aside 45 -60 minutes for my workout schedule. For me music is a great boost that keeps me working on a machine.

If you find exercise boring then combine it with some fun activity. For me music works. Try thinking something you would love to do with your exercise.

Watching TV and exercising also works great. You can have cardio serials i.e exercise while watching your favorite program.

Few Suggestions :

1. If you have a big drawing room you can walk to and fro while watching TV i.e 30 -40 min of continuous moving.

2. Basic hands and legs exercises. Rotating your shoulder, moving you hands, rotating your waist. Very basic exercises, you can google them. This might sound a bit over board but if you do this diligently you will see the difference yourself. Idea here is to sneak workout in your schedule no matter how busy it is.

3. If you can't go out for a walk, google walk in home techniques. Start on some music and walk in place. This is a good cardio workout, you won't imagine how much sweat this generates because though your body is in continuous motion it works hard to keep you stay on one spot.

4. If you want to try something other than conventional exercises, then dancing, swimming, hula loop are some other great cardios.

You can make any boring exercise fun by doing it with some fun activity. So whenever you are sitting and just thinking how to start with a boring exercise routine why not do the thinking while taking 10 rounds in your room :).

2. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Good suggestions really, but trying to continue doing all this at home regularly will be very difficult. Meaning, it possibly will not happen and I would slack off. This is my opinion though. If I end up joining a gym or something, I will surely end up going but if left to ourselves at home, I will surely not take it seriously. A week or two or maybe a month .. I will be regular and then laziness will creep in...:)

3. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

Yeh really. But idea here is to start moving. I do change my schedule every month now, but in the beginning this is how I started. And when these things start showing changes on the weighing scale I guess it is motivation enough to get the exercise done.

4. feduptocore

feduptocore Senior IL'ite

Great advice but what happens is that after a day at work sometimes just feel like lying down flat... but I think I'll take your advice on walk and talk .. worth a try...
    Thanks for the tip
    K

5. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Hey great blog dearJ before when I was in home I used to work out in treadmill putting music in such a loud volume. For an hour I won’t know anything that’s happening in the world, just I, music and treadmill. But after that my sis/mom/grand mom will start scolding me for putting music in such high volume he he

6. Alyssum

Alyssum Platinum IL'ite

HI

Good Idea to do standardize the exercise.

Recent days, I am doing good to do every day exercise for 30 minutes.

I am feeling comfortable and happy.

I say to myself –I am doing little by little. One day I reach my target.

Thank you.