1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

SMS Culture on TV

Discussion in 'TV' started by Chatter, Jan 23, 2006.

1. Chatter

Chatter New IL'ite

Suddenly all the TV channels have started promoting SMS's. News channels will pick up some silly topic and will ask you to vote on it. Zee, Sony and Star Plus have started bring new singers :confused: and ask you to vote. I am not sure what do the judges do on their seat. They have no role to play. An average SMS costs you from Rs. 2 to Rs. 7 (service tax extra). There are some SMS contests through which you can win prizes of lacs. Is this SMS is a real contest or a lottery?

2. Jennifer

Jennifer New IL'ite

SMS - Wont last long

Not only for voting, there are also some channels which provides a standard space in the screen all time to display the sms sent by viewers. Viewers can send greetings, views, favourite song, etc. I wonder whether all the messages were displayed after reviewing or just as sent. So I sent a trial message and I saw my message after 5 minutes as I sent.

This makes youngsters excite to see their message on TV. But will become bored soon and this unstuff excitement wont last long. Just ignore it...

3. Soniya

Soniya New IL'ite

SMS and Grammer

As long as Media gets commission on SMS from the Mobile companies, they will not get bored or stop SMS culture. True, that the SMS has become too much on every serial.

More to add, SMS and Chatting has even spoiled english grammer of youngsters. What if you get messages with "dat" instead of "that" and "gr8" instead of "great". At times, I have hard time deciphering the message as to what the sender wants to say :confused:

4. Nagma

Nagma New IL'ite

SMS on Zee TV

Recently the renowned music director walked out of the TV show SaReGaMaPa on Zee TV abruptly. The fellow judges/mentors were giving poor remarks on his disciples. This affects on the SMS sendor viewers. Ismail Darbar gave bad remarks on the style of SMS and the fellow mentors. The TV show on Zee TV SaReGaMaPa is a very popular singer talent hunt program and the SMS voting should be discontinued. The verdict given by the judges should be final. Do you all agree with this?

5. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

very bad practise

Hai,
    I think that this SMS culture is very bad. In the Raj Digita; plus, I saw a very vulgar message. Nobody seems to check these messages. Moreover they are very badly spelt and such boring messages. Many are cheap ones, declaring their lve for someone. Some are very funny. But I am very much against cell phones for ever one (it has become a nuisance at all the public places). Nobody talk to the person in front, but talks to someone on thephone always. I wonder who will pay the bill of the people who do not earn.Some people even have two phones, with ear phones on both ears-they look like people with hearing aids. Using it for emergencies is okay but always talking is bad. I think you would all have read about many deaths in Chennai of yound people, they crossed the Rly crossing while talking on the phone and did not notice oncoming trains. They did not hear the others warning them also. One man was talking on the phone and did not mind his young son, the child crossed the busy road, and was killed by a lorry.After reading all these, I do not at all favour cell phone usage.
    varloo

6. Nagma

Nagma New IL'ite

MMS Clips

More to add...SMS has increased the travel of vulgar jokes leaps and bounds. Now within no time a vulgar message or joke is passed to millions of people over cellphone.

Thanks to MMS, there were such video clips too which were on everybody's cellphone displaying obscene acts. Remember the DPS school girl clip which was taken by her boyfriend and sent to all his friends...The network increases and the girl now is all over India on cellphones.:evil:

7. kanaka

kanaka Bronze IL'ite

Rightly said. I have heard the judges saying'soory you don't have enough sms. You sing well. If sms is the determining factor why do these judges sit in the panel?. Let the contestants sing and the public vote.

SMS is a big racket? Every competition is a big farce. kanakaBig Laugh