1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Small pleasures in life are the sweetest

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Mar 4, 2012.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

“Life is made up of small pleasures. Happiness is made up of those tiny successes. The big ones come too infrequently. And if you don't collect all these tiny successes, the big ones don't really mean anything.”

We all have small small pleasures in life like the following:

When you wake up in the morning and feel good to know that there is still some time to get up and you can sleep for some more time. Now a days I feel more happy because some days I get sleep after 2 pm and early morning only I get good sleep so feel good to know that some time is there

When your close friend meets you after a very very long time

When you get a surprise call from your close friend

In some houses they keep the watch 10 mins fast so that when it is time to go out they feel happy that there is still 10 mins left

When someone conceives after waiting for a long time

When your little one starts walking

You get worried that your little one has not started talking and when they start talking

When you know someone is there to love you, to take care of you

When your head is paining and someone offers you a hot cup of coffee

When you know that someone is there to hold your hand at difficult times, an ear to listen and a heart to understand them

Small simple delights may seem nothing at the time, but when you look back or look deeper, you will realize it is the accumulation of these simple pleasures that make life enjoyable and memorable.

1 person likes this.

2. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

Hi Iyerviji,

This is true we must enjoy all the small small beautiful moments, success and cherish them. But i feel everyone is looking for a big shot otherwise no satisfaction. I am person to enjoy small small things at home and cherish them but i dont know why i have been criticized that i am satisfied with this... so no happiness now and such remark has made me totally change person.. now i think reverse.

take care,
    Padma

3. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,

a big YES to that :)
    dare I go one step further and say that I like to search for a small pleasure even when something adversary happens?

after a nice socializing weekend we were back very late last night and the maid ditched me today. It didn't bother me at all as I woke up half an hour late, felt rested and had the energy to do the extra work.

another small pleasure of today... no cooking as I have yesterdays left overs hahaha..oh yes I am ALL for the small pleasures in life.

4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Padma dear dont worry what others say its really nice to enjoy small pleasures in life. Those who dont know to enjoy the pleasures will say like that .[

5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Mindi dear glad to know that you also enjoy small pleasures in life. Nice to know about the small pleasures yesterday. glad that you enjoyed the weekend. Maids also ditch us at a time when we need them. Good you got up a little late then you did not have to cook.