slogam

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by raji_siv, Jan 19, 2009.

1. raji_siv

raji_siv Bronze IL'ite

hi all,

For the past 4 years, I am reading the kumudam jothidam and following as per Mr. Raja Gopalan. This great man is giving solutions to all for their problems. I am also benefited by sundara kandam parayanam daily. like me, any friends got solutions for their problems? so friends, i suggest you if time and mind permits, please go through the book.

And also, i wish to share one thing, after reading Sri Narasimha prabatti for just three days, we found the soultion and remedy for the problem. God is great.

with regards,

raji.

2. Victoryman

Victoryman Senior IL'ite

I second with u in this.Even I do sundara kanda parayanam.The results are very positive...
    But Narashima prapatti is new for me.Can you please upload the sloka.....

3. kashvya

kashvya Silver IL'ite

I have heard lots of people tell me about Sundara Kanda Parayanam. What exactly needs to eb done for this? Do we just read the book - I mean the verses or the summarization of the meaning of the verses.

My mom tells me Vishaka Hari is good with Sundara kandam. I have a DVD of her Parayanam. Would it suffice to just hear that?

4. hemadurga

hemadurga Bronze IL'ite

hi raji,
    can u pls tell for what purpose sundara kandam is read ? is there any procedure to follow ?

5. sssaustin

sssaustin Senior IL'ite

Can you share us the significance of Sri Narasimha Prabatti?

6. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Dear friends,

So happy to see this thread!

Raji- I also am a cyber sishya of Sri AM RAjagopalan. I managed to speak to him over the phone a few times. He is such a saint. I have been spiritually inclined almost all my life. After coming under the counsel of AMR mama, I have started praying almost exclusively to Swami LakshmiNarasmhaMoorthy. I see all Gods in Him, and I see Him in all Gods. My life has changed so much for the better after this, I can't even begin to describe. In some areas, there is no change.But the beauty is that, my husband and I are now able to accept the situation with equaniminty. I am always happy.

Narasimha Prapatti is an all time great slokam. I got it from AMR mama. Narasimha worship entails a lot of rules about purity, hygiene etc. In Narasimha Prapatti, we surrender to Lakshmi Narasimha fully. He becomes our father,mother, brother,Lord everything. So, there can be no mistakes or flaws when we chant it cos we are just His instruments doing His Bidding.

This slokam is effective for planetray afflictions(especially Shani dosham). It confers all forms of welfare. One can chant it anywhere(except in restrooms)- I mean during travel, sitting in a class, meeting. It does not have to be a pooja room. Also, one may even chant it before bath. It is a slokam where LakshmiNarasimhar embraces us wholly.

One small point in Narasimhar worship- do not chant any slokam for five days after period or till body becomes 'clean'.This is compulsory. Also, Narasimhar is best worshipped as Swami LakshmiNArasimhar- all beaming and happy with MahaLakshmi on His Lap. Next is the YgaNArasimhar form, where He is in a divine trance. This form confers mental balance, supression of undue desires, a spiritual personality etc. The third form of Narasimhar by Himself as Ugra Narasimhar is very powerful to be handled by individuals. This worship is best left to temples.

In any form though,Narasimhar is Mercy,Grace and Power in one potent Persona. Viva Narasimha! Pallandu,pallandu,---- vaazhga,Narasimha!

SundaraKanda Parayanam is very effective for many problems. From marital discord to separation between spouses, debt,failure, legal dispuyes, sickness(mental and physical)- SK is the ultimate solution. Hanumar takes care of everything. He united even the divine couple, such is His Power.

My FiL is known as SundaraKandam mama. He continuously chants Valmiki SundaraKAndam.There are some simple rules on the chanting. As to how the whole text can be divided over 7 ,9 days etc. Some simple naivedyams. There are certain points where we should not stop the day's chanting, certain points where we may stop. All simple rules meant to enhance the power of chanting.

I have tried many times to read Valmiki Sundara Kandam. I find it very difficult on the tongue since I know no Sanskrit. Finally, I have decided to take it slow, stay with FiL for sometime and get him to teach me.

As of now, I have the CD from giri Trading (by Sri Raghavendra, I think). I play that and listen to it. There is a concise version of Navaratna SundaraKandam, just 9 stanzas. I chant that when possible. And a great SK substitute is Hanuman Chalisa. It confers the same benefit as Valmiki Sundara Kandam. It is also easy to chant and very endearing.Once you learn it, or even read it, you will want to go, on and on.

Kashvya- Actually, I have heard that even if you read an English translation of SK, it is beneficial. Not all of us can read Sanskrit like larks. Vishaka Hari's SK Harikatha should be fine. She is such a great story teller. I recall how she had tears in her eyes, when during the Margazhi music festival, she narrated the story of Andaal Kalyanam. In the final part, when Rangamannar disappears into the Idol, Andaal also climbs on Seshanaagam and hugs His feet. And disappears as a Jyothi into Her Lord. Our eyes and Poojya Smt Vishaka Hari's eyes were also wet. If a lady saint can narrate with such emotion, then her words become sacred regardless of the language or form (slokam,song or HariKatha).

Surely, Smt Vishaka Hari's SK DVD can be heard and absorbed to get SK parayanam phalan.
    Also, can you tell me where I can get it? I have tried for two years. I just want to hear it.

Another good resource for SK is the Jeer's chanting. Supposed to be technically and spiritually perfect.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2009
  7. raji_siv

raji_siv Bronze IL'ite

hi,

u can chant any time this slogam.this slogamis very powerful.

NARASIMHA PRAPATTI:
    MATA NARASIMHA, PITA NARASIMHA
    BRATHA NARASIMHA, SAKHA NARASIMHA
    VIDYAA NARASIMHA, DRAVINAM NARASIMHA
    SWAMI NARASIMHA, SAKALAM NARASIMHA
    ITHO NARASIMHA, PARATHO NARASIMHA
    YATHO YATHO YAHIHI, TATHO NARASIMHA
    NARASIMHA DEVAATH PARO NA KASCHIT
    TASMAAN NARASIMHA SHARANAM PRAPADYE
    மாதா நரசிம்ஹா, பிதா நரசிம்ஹா
    ப்(4)ராதா நரசிம்ஹா ஸகா நரசிம்ஹா
    வித்(3)யா நரசிம்ஹா, த்(3)ரவிணம் நரசிம்ஹா
    ஸ்வாமி நரசிம்ஹா ஸகலம் நரசிம்ஹா
    இதோ நரசிம்ஹா பரதோ நரசிம்ஹா,
    யதோயதோ யாஹி: ததோ நரசிம்ஹா,
    நரசிம்ஹா தே(3)வாத் பரோ ந கஸ்சித்
    தஸ்மான் நரசிம்ஹா சரணம் ப்ரபத்(3)யே
    Meaning:
    Mother and father is Narasimha
    Brother and friend is Narasimha
    Knowledge and wealth is Narasimha
    My Lord and my Everything is Narasimha.
    Narasimha in this world, Narasimha in the other
    Wherever I go, there is Narasimha
    Narasimha is the only Lord,there is none other
    So, I seek refuge in you, Narasimha

best regards,

raji

8. raji_siv

raji_siv Bronze IL'ite

Dear Vidya,

nice to see ur detailed reply. I fully agree with you regarding chanting the sundara kandam and Sri Narasimha prabahthi slogam. I have many personal problems in my life. I dont want to share those things with others. Basically,i am god loving person. after reading kumudam jothidam, i have strong belief in god. so i started sundara kandam parayanam. i am reading daily one sarkam . as per god's grace, i have done pattabishekam to my beloved sri Rama i think 5 or 7. after doing pattabhishekam i feel the benefits. this parayanam gives peace, confidence and reunion of family etc., edhu illai? as said by you.

i am not a good adviser than ur f-in-law in this matter. U can buy the book of sundarakandam of valmiki. i have purchased in giri trading itself. u can read the story .i think it is quite interesting to read the story of each sarkam.if possible please try.

Hanuman salisa is also very powerful slogam, it gives more confidence to us.

I have sent our horoscopes to sri Rajagopalan. but till date i think i dont receive any reply. i dont know why. can you please give me his telephone number ?

thanks and regards,

raji.

9. raji_siv

raji_siv Bronze IL'ite

hi,

reg your query, please see the excellent explanation given by vidya . hope you are satisfied with it.

regards,

raji

10. raji_siv

raji_siv Bronze IL'ite

hi,

I got the book of sundarakandam by valmiki from giri trading, mylapore. i dont know what others are doing, following....but i am reading daily one sarkam of sundarakandam. after finishing the sarkam, we have to read the pattabishekam sarkam. according to me, it is better to chant the parayanam than hearing DVD etc., so that we can get peace and satisfaction.

regards,

raji