1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Slippery Soaps

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Dec 12, 2016.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Manju, you reminded me of my mom who when she was alone used to sit and watch serials. When I visited her she would sit and watch the serials and curse all the vamps. She would not remember which serial she was watching or what the story was. Used to be quite sad to watch her do that when it was not funny.

sindmani likes this.
  2. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

very true Sats. Its saddening to see them so glued to unrealistic characters

3. jssd

jssd Bronze IL'ite

I could add.... that freeze frame where, everyones emotions and expressions are captured to death... and also how even the so called poor people are able to afford designer wear!

Had a good laugh...

Kudos.
    J

satchitananda likes this.
  4. sonal1611

sonal1611 Gold IL'ite

5. sonal1611

sonal1611 Gold IL'ite

And maam , My point is the music that they play .. in moment of happiness , we feel joy ..
    n Same lyrics with sad , we fee;l bad.. Only u r following that serial..

6. satchitananda

So true J. :) In fact there is another trend that has changed. Remember the crisp, starched cotton sarees which were the trademark of people like Mrs. Indira Gandhi? Or of Shabana Azmi and others? Now unless it is a flashy, shiny saree/dress with heavy embroidery or zari, it is not fit to be worn by anyone other than the servants. When some dil is being put down, or is in a bad state, then she looks sad without her make up or jazzy clothes in a plain cotton saree. So cotton is now only for the downtrodden.

jssd likes this.
  7. satchitananda

Yes, and not to forget a particular music for a particular character. And each character has a typecast sentence to say every now and then.

8. sonal1611

sonal1611 Gold IL'ite

yes.. I know in ekta kapoor serials ... it happened a lot ;-)

9. coolgal123

coolgal123 Platinum IL'ite

Satchi, they sell dreams to middle class woman....very long ago first soap was shanti and swabhimaan, they show high class and their thought process also was of high class....didnt click with the crowd...
    then they come up with rich people who are having money with sanskaar and thought processes as of middle classes....so its like dream life of middle class people where they dont have to change their thinking but can have lots of money...
    MIL can see these serials and dream about having so much of power and control as of serial MIL, DIL can imagine herself as poor and devi like DIL shown in these soaps....so everybody is happy....who cares if these are kind of dreams only, far away from realities....

sindmani, jssd and satchitananda like this.
  10. satchitananda

:roflmao: