1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Slippery Soaps

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Dec 12, 2016.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Hey Akanksha, sorry, had forgotten about that. Yes, the mind boggles at serial reality!

2. satchitananda

Thanks Amica. :)

Amica likes this.
  3. satchitananda

4. satchitananda

Rihana, those are really old!!! Yes, not only do their jaws drop, but their faces turn black and white! It's really hilarious!

5. satchitananda

Hey Kamala, so good to see you here. Yes, don't have too many ideas ticking in my brain these days. Then when they do pop up, they do so when I am on my way to work and by the time I come back and switch on the lappie ... poooof!!! The idea has flown away never to show up again except at the most inopportune moment!

kkrish likes this.
  6. satchitananda

7. satchitananda

That is the nice part isn't it? One does not have to worry about missing one or many episodes. One can always make up the story in between!

8. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

coming here after quite some time.Enjoyed your snippet on serials.Even I have wondered how they the world of women always have nothing else but plotting and gossiping.I think there are many women out there are doing better things than this.

satchitananda and kkrish like this.
  9. satchitananda

Hi Kanaks, been soooo long! Yes, women in real life don't have time to plot endlessly against one another - yes they might gossip, there might be people who try to make each other's lives miserable, but plotting with goondas, poison, accidents etc ...... Seriously!!!

10. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

Hi Satchi,
    Same pinch. We are having common reason to be here. Missing our respective BHs and landed here.

Ha ha serials. The only serial I watch is 'Seethayin Raman" tamil version of Siya ke Ram. That it was relayed three different times, but me and dd record it in set top box and see at our own time. Now don't even know they stopped relaying that. Now we watch in a mobile app. I couldn't even digest the trailer of coming up next. Just that's enough to understand the whole episode.

When my in-laws are here with the high volume I can catch up from where they left. During this cyclone TV was one of the things I never felt missing. My son and me used pull my mil's leg who will be 80 next year how she remembers the serials channel wise. Same artists in many serials adorning almost similar characters, I used to wonder how even she is catching up with the storyline, while she forgets important things I would have conveyed to her and keep asking same thing again and again.

Every line of your post is the astonishment about serials everybody has and you have rightly said it. One more thing I like to add is exactly at the dusk, when we are lighting lamps and praying someone in the serial will be crying or cursing.

Regards
    Manjukps

sindmani and satchitananda like this.