1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Slightly burst open lips and super dry skin

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by Takiarya, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Takiarya

Takiarya New IL'ite

Nowadays, the weather gets colder and harsh and the skin of my face becomes too dry and really easy to irritate (like me). The moisturizer I was using for years doesn't seems to work anymore and my skin is so dry and itchy that sometimes it hurts and my lips are chapped. I already use a moisturizer and my skin is so sensitive that I don't know what to do. Please help

2. sonal1611

sonal1611 Gold IL'ite

For Lips , Apply lip balm whenever u feel lips are getting dried..

For Face , U can try cetaphil , its good .. try Cetaphil Moisturising Cream .. Apply heavy layer on skin in night .. so that It will moisturize properly..

3. butterflyice

butterflyice Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

The best moisturizer that has worked in extremely cold weather, hands down is oil. Coconut oil, jojoba oil work wonders. I am thinking you could use olive oil too. I use coconut oil as cleanser and jojoba as moisturizer. Works like a charm. You only need a drop or two.

Lip balm - try to get something with beeswax and shea butter in them. They do a good of job of keeping lips soft. You do need to re-apply it if you spend a lot of time outdoors.

PS: Does Singapore get that cold?

4. tannu28

tannu28 New IL'ite

It's something easy to get rid of your chapped lips and you don't need to buy anything if you have honey and sugar at home. Just mix them together and rub it on your lips with your fingers or softly with a toothbrush to get rid of your dead skin and rince them with some hot water. Plus, put some honey on your lips before you go to bed and then they will get softer in the morning. Watch this tutorial. You said that you use a moisturizer but I don't think yours is too soft. At least you should use a heavy one like the Dr. Jart+ (the best one for me but a little bit pricey) or the Eucerin Intensive Repair. But I think you should use a sunscreen, this link will explain better than me why then the best solution is to use a SPF 50+ one like a the Dr. IASO sun protection or the Cocoa Butter Formula (didn't like its smell but still good enough) or Supergoop!.

5. pumpkin01

pumpkin01 Platinum IL'ite

Check the amount of water you are drinking.... it's very important that we should be hydrated all the time from inside.... about the moisturizer you should try creams which are meant for dry skin and should apply generously in the night so also your facial cream/oil and in the day time it will keep your skin soft/

6. Lin1321

Lin1321 Silver IL'ite

? cold in Singapore???

I am originally from Singapore but now live in the UK and I have found that my skin likes shea butter and I use Monsia Skincare.

For your lips I'd just use vit E oil.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2015