1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sleep Routines And Night Feeds

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Needtobestrong, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Avanti30

Avanti30 Gold IL'ite

p?[/QUOTE]

@GoneGirl ,
    Sorry, I asked a stupid question about a candle. Agree that scented candles can have chemicals. It's just that my mind is thinking a lot about how to relax baby and calm her down and keep her engaged in an activity. It is just that I am thinking in a stupid, way due to sleep deprivation.

She used to be hungry and angry and refused to sleep when she was just a couple of days old. Now she is a peaceful and happy baby only because her tummy is happy.
    I think that I need to keep her engaged, her senses need to be tired due to activity. As it is still cold outside I cannot take her out for a walk but we try to go to the mall on weekends, I take her out when it is less cold outside.
    Now she looks and studies her environment and things she can see, we are trying to keep her engaged in some activity.
    Hope that toys will help her and may god give our tired minds some fresh ideas to keep her engaged :)

Needtobestrong likes this.
  2. Avanti30

Avanti30 Gold IL'ite

@blindpup10
    Yes, I agree that a routine needs to be established as soon as possible. I will take care that we follow some routine and stick to it.
    As I am writing to you, I have swaddled her and put her in a crib and I am in the same room as hers, she can see me. She is not sleeping yet but she is looking at the window. This way I need not pick her up and she might doze into sleep :)

Needtobestrong and blindpup10 like this.
  3. blindpup10

blindpup10 Platinum IL'ite

Good job.
    Hang in there, your DD will get into the routine pretty quick. Keep the pacifier close to her face, sometimes when they are sleepy they just put in their mouth themselves.

Avanti30 likes this.
  4. Avanti30

Avanti30 Gold IL'ite

Hey @blindpup10 ,
    After we had a discussion here, I immediately ordered the mobile take along toy, it keeps her busy during the day and helps her to sleep at night. Also, I started to do evening bath followed by oil massage for my daughter. After her bath and massage, I swaddle her in a blanket and feed her in a dim light. After burping her, I put on her musical toy and place a pacifier in her mouth and her room is silent without any lights, this works like a magic. From 3-4 days she is been sleeping peacefully, I don't know how many days she will continue to co-operate so I am not getting much hopeful here but I am happy that she is sleeping and we too are getting some sleep at night. Thanks for your suggestion of establishing a routine.
    God bless you for giving us much-needed sleep

blindpup10 likes this.
  5. blindpup10

blindpup10 Platinum IL'ite

@Avanti30- good going, that your DD is sleeping through.
    Enjoy this phase of your DD sleeping. Enjoy every moment of it. Worry about next thing when it happens, until then kick back, pat yourself, sleep.

Get your DD sleep trained, now. When 4-month sleep regression happens, it will be for short-lived.
    Be mentally prepared for 4th-month regression- (although it may feel like we are stuck endless time pit---it will pass).
    Sleep training your DD earlier will help quite a bit during the 4th month.
    4 Month Sleep Regression: What It Is, And How To Fix It

Avanti30 likes this.