1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sleep Regression Or Just A Phase???

Discussion in 'Infants' started by boldnbutiful, Mar 21, 2017.

1. boldnbutiful

boldnbutiful Silver IL'ite

Hi ladies,

I m a first time mum of a little boy who will complete 4th month in couple of days...for the past few weeks he is not sleeping properly and continuesly(bfr 8-9 hrs strectg at nights) he wakes up every 1-2 hrs n goes back to sleep if picked up n rocked.

I stay in Sydney midwives here suggested that its sleep regression and asked to make him go to sleep by himself no matter how hard he cries,that idea dint absolutely set with me.
    its very difficult t wake up every hour at night bt I don't like the idea of making him settle by crying (think he is too young). My mom was with me till now it was little btr but now she is going back to India...i am dreading tc of him alone with little sleep at night.

Any suggestions would b really helpfull.he Is EBF

2. fourthaugust

fourthaugust Gold IL'ite

I am on the same boat. It is just a phase. But no matter how exhausted I am , I will not let my baby to cry it out. After all he is just being a 4 months old. Trust me they are even more tiered than us. So just sail with it and wait for the day it will get over. But for the next few week , it is going to be worse.

3. boldnbutiful

boldnbutiful Silver IL'ite

Thanks dear.

Its so difficult to manage alone when my whole day goes rocking,carrying,soothing my little hero.

Dad won't help at all...somtimes I feel so bad n question if am da right mother fr my bub