1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sleep And Nap Time Routines

Discussion in 'Infants' started by cliona, Dec 1, 2016.

1. cliona

cliona Silver IL'ite

Hi all.
    Do u follow any particular sleep time routines. Any particular method to put babies to sleep. Please share it so that I get an idea to put my one and half months old baby to sleep. Has anyone tried baby whisperer methods.
    Regards
    Cliona

2. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

For such small babies most of the time they would be sleeping. At this age, as per baby demand related to feeding and sleeping you have to set timings.
    Day time it is ok to let light come through windows and other people talking, walking etc (So that night they can sleep well ). And they can nap in living room too in day time except one morning after bath sleep and afternoon sleep.

Putting clothers surrounding baby gives warmth and touched feeling, so baby can sleep well, not much lighting, not too cold or hot, swaddling baby gives baby comfort to sleep at this age. You can see this link for more.
    Harvey Karp's

Whisperer I didn't try but white noise method I tried, even like a fan sound. Have a Great Sleeper

for feeding every 2-3 hours they wake up anyway so you can fix routines along with your routines like after your breakfast give bath to baby and make her sleep. after she wakes up and after some time your lunch and then her sleep time and your nap time. Evening again her bath time later your dinner and her sleep time, soon you will be able to establish a routine for yourselves. If you really follow timings for your eating and sleeping and chores then child also will come into this routine easily.

cliona likes this.
  3. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

I picked up on baby whisperer methods much later - at 8 months and wished I'd done it earlier. they were brilliant. The routine in the books are workable. I like it because you don't abandon the child..Nor do you give yourself up trying to pacify the child. Once the EASY routine is implemented, things become a lot easier.

It is important to have the dads support if the child is breastfeeding IMO because the child identifies the mum and quite often might cry until it's fed. the child settles much easier with the dad

cliona likes this.
  4. cliona

cliona Silver IL'ite

Thank you kashmirflower and guesshoo

5. cliona

cliona Silver IL'ite

Dear
    @KashmirFlower
    I take approximately 1.5 hours for my baby to put to sleep. It's very tough to wake him.. I wonder how this method can work.. Can u share ur experience... Thanks in advance
    Regards
    Cliona

6. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

At that age my baby was waking up every 2-3 hours. That time I used to change diaper if needed. After drinking milk used to go to sleep. If he was not hungry, then he used to go to sleep easily. Good sleeper.

One lady told me to not wait till baby cries for feeding, feed before it happens. I read somewhere alsothat if baby crying means already exhausted,

Putting towel aroun his head helps too, it Kees baby head, ears, cheeks warm . Also pillows on sides. It's like a caccon so they can sleep well. And dark room too. I too know some babies don't sleep well.
    Don't try to wake up baby. Let baby wake by herself, you feed then, if baby sleeping for more than 4 hours, feed her in sleep

Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
    cliona likes this.
  7. chittusmommy

chittusmommy New IL'ite

try baby music like "Mozart" and feed milk during bed time.. this rhythm works wonder... also its important that the baby is sufficiently fed food.

8. toddler20177

toddler20177 New IL'ite

Hello

Try to google and buy this. It helped us a lot
    The First Years Sounds for Silence Premium Nursery Sound Machine