1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Skipping - side effects

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by sudha2886, Oct 28, 2014.

1. sudha2886

sudha2886 New IL'ite

Hello All,

I have one doubt regarding skipping. I saw the threads in indusladies that skipping is a good exercise to reduce weight if we wear a good sports bra. I am in the plan of trying to conceive. In this case, is it ok to do skipping even then. Because we will not be sure until we skip our periods whether we are pregnant or not. But in the meanwhile if we do skipping will there be any side effects that we might lose the pregnancy??

2. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

hi,

skipping when I did it for a week I see change in my arms.. but if you trying to conceive and doing skipping.. its not recommended.. as when I was 6 week pregnant I use to do workout my mom said no jumping, guess thatswhat most ladies,grandma's says....you can walk for 30 mins that should be enough I guess slow walking...... as you don't want to walk too much and get in trouble later on.. this is what I feel like..lets see what ladies say...

3. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Sudha - Please consult an OB/Gyn before starting any new activity while TTC. Exercise is good in general and great while TTC and pregnant but it takes a while for your body to get used to anything new. I would suggest you not start any vigorous activity while TTC. Either start an exercise regimen and then wait for 3-4 months to get used to it before TTC or stick to low impact stuff like walking/slight stretching etc.

hth,
    L