1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Skipping For Weight Loss..need Suggestions

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Needtobestrong, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

I'm thinking of buying a skipping rope for exercise as I'm not in a position to go outside for walk or gym regularly..
    Is skipping a good idea for cardio workout and weight loss?
    I remember doing skipping during my teenage years to stay fit and then stopped later on..
    The prob is that when I used to do skipping regularly, I would get the periods also very early..as it affected my cycles and made me to bleed earlier and caused a little irregularity in my cycles.. Due to weakness I stopped it..now thinking if I can resume after so many years?
    Can anyone advice how many minutes per day I can do skipping using rope, how many repetititions and how often? How to make sure that this work out doesn't affect the cycles.
    Is any warm up routine required before using skipping rope?
    Short term target is to lose atleast 1-2 kg per month and improve energy levels.
    Anyone use skipping rope regularly for cardio. workout?pls give me feedback.

anika987 likes this.

2. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

If you have not been active, I would say definitely stretch before you start skipping.Initially do a 1min skip and 1 min rest. Listen to your body . You can decrease the rest time as you progress.
    Sorry , no idea about other things related to it.

Needtobestrong likes this.
  3. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Hi can you try Zumba or other aerobic videos?lots of videos in YouTube..plus lot more fun..

Also add yoga and meditation and even home strength training..

Needtobestrong likes this.
  4. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

Yes..will try those..I just remembered that during my teenage days, I used to skip regularly using the rope and it did help in reducing a few kilos..but that was long ago and my metabolism was definitely faster then compared to now..
    I like Zumba. But I'm unable to step out and attend classes.
    I checked out the videos on YouTube..actually to be frank I'm really bad at dancing and following dance moves..
    The Zumba videos which I checked out all had very fast moves, even the ones meant for beginners..I was unable to follow the moves beyond couple of minutes..hence I kinda got demotivated.:astonished:

5. eastbeauty

eastbeauty New IL'ite

I wouldn't start from just skipping, especially, if you are not in a good fit. Try watching this cardio first, and accomplish it with skipping.It would benefit even more than you think. I think you should really do what you and your body likes, as exercising must not only keep the body in a good shape, but also bring pleasure. If you're keen on dancing - go ahead! Swimming or yoga - everything is up to you!