1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sizzling Razzmatazz!!!!!-2

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by SARASVADIVU, Jan 4, 2012.

1. SARASVADIVU

SARASVADIVU Silver IL'ite

Hey! Dears -inspired and extremely touched by all of those overwhelming responses that you'll gave me for my 're-entry blog'-Sizzling Razzmatazz!!!!! - Blogs - IndusLadies-here's the sequel to the same..hope you'll would enjoy it as you'll had of the earlier one:)

‘Imagine my first day me being handed over a memo by the Director.’:spin

The very next week I DID receive my first ‘Appreciation Letter’…...:clap

*There was this Inter-School Elocution Contest for the children. Though the charge was given to a Senior English teacher I too was asked to assist her by organizing the children to assemble at the right time for practice..take drafts of the speeches..go to the Principal’s office to get his instructions if any;-

The topic was ‘My Role-Model’. Different personalities right from Swami Vivekananda to Sir.Radhakrishnan..Beethoven to Michael Jackson..Mother Theresa to M.S.Subbulakshmi..Lokmanya Tilak to Subramanya Bharathiyar..were all under scrutiny by the Principal.

*All said and done every single School to compete would surely have taken over and over again such of the great personalities..and when our children would go on stage, it would appear the same clichéd one with nothing unique!!

*This, I expressed to the Principal and told him that who else could be a better model to a child, rather than his/her Mother?!?!

He too seemed to be convinced and out of the two entrants asked me to take one child and train him on this theme, while my colleague would train her student with the script of Vivekananda.;

*Luckily, my student was a ‘first-timer’-which made it all the more possible for me to mould her diction and modulation. Moreover I could easily gain access to the hostel or even take the child to my room-SHE being a girl-student.{Lady-Teachers-unless they were mentors-could not go to the boy’s hostel}

Radha was from Andaman..a very sweet-looking child..am sure if any Cine-Director would have spotted her, she would have been made a heroine!!!Whoever says Beauty cannot gel with Humility must come and take a look at my gal-such was her commendable attitude!

*She mastered the script just in a matter of two days; I now had to work upon some improvisations in her body-language, expression and also her confidence levels!

*All set to go zoom past ..yes! the d-day had arrived; the previous night I had got a call from Radha’s mom who too was a teacher..she was too excited for her daughter:-”I consider Radha half-won mam because the ‘Object’ of her speech is someone whom she loves dearly..and am sure..this would make her perform better.. Yesterday when she spoke to me –{every child gets to speak to either the parent/guardian twice a week from our exclusive phone-booth for ISD and Local Calls} she had told a lot about the toil you have been putting in for the same..my wishes to both of you mam.”

**There were 27 Schools in all that had geared up for the competiton:
    The ‘Host-School’ was yet another reputed School in Chennai. Moreover, almost all the children seemed to have prepared well and I could literally sense, Radha having a swarm of butterflies in her stomach!!!

*‘The Person who gave me her blood and flesh,

*One Person in the whole world who knows me the best,

*The Person who does not allow any harm come near me,

*That Soul who cares for me, nourishes me and protects me all my life!!!!!

*She is none other than my Mother who is definitely my role-model whom I will look upon at all times.

*Not just as a MOTHER, but also as a TEACHER….SHE has taught me the values of goodness and kindness..
    So, why should I look upon somebody else, when I have a Role-Model who lives her life before me?!

Thank You, Thank You all’.

The moment Radha had just done the speech with those last few lines..delivered with a lot of Emotional Intensity..there was a loud applause from everyone in the audience, who gave Radha a standing ovation!
    So…. that was the story behind ‘my memo …superseded by an appreciation letter’ straight from the Director’s desk!

*Thank You, Thank You Radha!! Now don’t ask me how me and my gal, who won the first prize, went surreptitiously to the nearby Ice-cream parlour..and had treated ourselves, to some ‘Wonderful dollops of Bliss!!!!-Saras.
    -Will Sizzle.

2. nihasvin

nihasvin Platinum IL'ite

Dear Saras, You are such a lovely TEACHER and i just want to be ur student. Those words are really powerful and you deserve that appreciation from both the principal and the parent.

3. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

[​IMG]

Dear Sara

Lovely !!!!!!!!! I have no words to express....how I felt while reading !!!!!! No wonder kids love you...you make them feel special !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

That was a touching post Saras and I am sure thats just the first of the many accolades you received [still receiving, am sure!] as a teacher. Thanks for posting it. -rgs

5. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Saras,
    That was original thinking at its best. When everyone was busy running the beaten course, you chose a different track and ran an extra mile. Yes, you can talk about Michael Jackson or MS Subbulakshmi. But there won't be any emotions to it. But when you talk of your mother you'll be swarmed by emotions. It has taken the genius hidden inside you to find out the fact and put it to the best advantage for your ward. No wonder Radha won the honours. For that Radha, Krishna was just a lover. For this Radha, you were the Krishna who taught her Gita.
    May you continue to be the best and the most loved teacher, Saras.
    love,
    sridhar

6. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

This is creativity at its best. The problem with role-model from outside world is your pupil needs to be motivated to read everything about his/her life and feel connected even without the presence of the role-model. The role-model you chose for this pupil is in blood and flesh right in front of her, feel connected at all times and the natural emotions would flow automatically and draw attention of the judges.

While your pupil deserves credit for delivering the speech without any blemish, you deserve the credit for your creativity. Both of you deserve that ice cream.

With kind regards

Viswa

7. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

Hai My sweet halwa,

Happy New Year. I am standing and writing the comments for your lovely blog made me to give standing Ovation to you my sweet heart. Mother and Teacher who can always sense the good things to bring the child as a successful person on the earth and can hold hands always with their soothing touch of consoling the child if anything gpoes wrong with the child. CARE AND CAUTION BOTH PLAYS A VITAL ROLE being a mother as well as a Teacher. Both of them wanted to give the BEST and try to bring the BEST in the child. My bestowed Namaskarams to you my dear IL for posting and sharing such a nice experience.:thumbsup

8. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

Really good one and your efforts (emotionally) paid of as pride to you.. It is worth reading.

I wish you many more accolades in the years coming by..

9. SARASVADIVU

Dear nihas,

Your words are indeed so touching da!!!
    It somewhere tells that you hav the makings of a great teacher inside you too!
    SARAS

10. SARASVADIVU

Dear Pallavi,

Thanks for your constant support and for also adding some sheen'n'lustre by way of your cute fb's:)
    Saras