1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Sinus problem - help needed

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by Varloo, Mar 13, 2006.

1. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hai,
    I am suffering from sinuitis problem for the past 16 years. Lately, I started to snore very loudly, even when I used to sit and nap. It is very distubing to others and embarressment to me. Recently I had a full check up to assess the situation, CT scan, blood tests and sleep study. The sleep study reveals that I do not get enought oxygen during sleep due to swelling inside the nose. The diagnosis is to undergo Septoplasty with Turbinoplasty and Laser assisted Uvulopalatoplasty, most important to reduce my weight by 10-12 kg.
    I have no problem with diet, erecise also I can manage. But what I want to know is. do anyone know about this operation? Th dr. says that the inner tongue (ul nakku)will be sliced off with a portion of that part and then only the sound will stop. The removal of some muscle which bloks the breathing is okay. If the inner tongue is removed, will it not be difficult to speak etc? There will be problem with drinking liquids initially, the dr. informed. I am concerned about the long time remedy ro problem of this. Anyone has any idea?
    I ws thinking of learning and practising Pranayama to improve oxygen intake.
    Awaiting suggestions.
    varloo

Similar Threads
    1. PuttiPattu
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. bandepalle
      Replies:
      Views:
    3. shreepriya
      Replies:
      Views:
  2. Selvi

Selvi Senior IL'ite

Hi,

Sorry u have to through all this... I dont know abt these surgeries, but just wondering have you tried the nasal strips.. I have heard people here in US use these nasal strips to prevent snoring..

http://www.breatheright.com/snoring/snoring.asp

:)
    Selvi.

3. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

thanks

Dear selvi,
    thanks for the suggestion. But I don't think they are available in India. Anyway I shall try with a friend who is visiting US in June.
    varloo

4. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Dear Varloo,

I am replying rather late on this thread, but I got this info only two days back. Check

Dr Mansoor Madani + snoring on Google.

He has a new treatment for heavy snorers that is extremely effective and takes only 5 mts to implant. It is not applicable to everyone who snores, but you can get yr doctor to check if u r eligible. For others, he recommends radio wave and laser surgery.

This is what I understood from the programme. Snoring is caused by a vibrating soft palate. So Dr Madani implants three plastic/polyester stents on the roof of the mouth. They strengthen the roof and in time, the vibrating soft palate becomes tougher and stops vibrating.

This cure is for really heavy snorers whose spouses keep separate bedrooms cos of the noise.

Good luck and hope this is of some use.

cheers
    VR

5. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Thanks

Dear Vidhya,
    I was about to mail you about kachapram. Thank you very much for the info. I shall look up the site for details. I was also advised laser surgery only and I got a very negative reaction to it in various sites. I attended the Art of Living classes 10 days back to learn pranayama and am doing it regularly. I hope that will help me. I shall private message you about kachaparam.
    With warm wishes,
    varloo

6. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Dear Varloo

You are a treasure. Looking forwad to getting news on kachaparam. In Padmanabhasawmy kovil in our TVM, they adorn the Perumal and Thayar with Kachaparam in multi coloured thread. It is so pretty.

How is it going with Mantra Raja Padham?

affectionately
    VR

7. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Advise..

HI friends,

This is for my close friend I am asking for..

Other than Vijaya hospital in Vadapalani, is there any better choices in and around vadapalani for delivery & Paediatrics(individual doc is also fine)??

Thanks in advance..

Rgds.

8. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

u need to do kaka asanam...hahahahah

dear varloo,
    from the nature cure point u need to kneeland then sit on ur legs folded inwards..with both ur hands on ur thighs...and then shout hah and when u do this sound the lower most part of ur body shrinks and give out the sound that is the way to say the hah..just like our grt crow...the more u have practised this it is suppused to clear ur passage of breath and improve the muscles in the throat area....to not loosen down while u sleep and help u stop snoring....hope been of help regards sunkan

9. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Thanks

Dear sunkan,
    thanks for the tip. Recently I did the basic course in Art of Living. Am practising the asanas and breathing exercises. They also insist upon the way of breathing nearly as you have mentioned. Thansk , I shall practise kakaasana also.
    With warm wishes,
    varloo

10. mahiramki

mahiramki Gold IL'ite

hi
    i also had sinusitis
    pranayama is very good remedy
    anulom velom pranayama is a cure for sinus...
    operations never solve any prob permanently
    my heartful advice is do pranayama it's effects are permanent...
    pranayama also reduces weight...