1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Similac ready to feed vs formula powder

Discussion in 'Infants' started by sangeeG, Jun 28, 2015.

1. sangeeG

sangeeG Silver IL'ite

hi
    My 7 week old takes similac supplement ready to feed bottle and his tummy is fine.But when I give the same supplement powder he is little fussy.
    i just give formula once a day just to keep him used to bottles.
    I ensure proper hygiene and sterilize the bottles.Should I wait a little longer to introduce powder??
    Any advices???

Thanks
    sangeetha

2. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

Op, Its always better to use powder. You can ensure its freshly prepared. There are 100 things you have to be careful about in Similac ready to feed. It shud be used completely in one shot otherwise it has to be discarded. Baby bacteria will develop around the nipple in case stored which is not good for the baby.In case of formula powder you just boil drinking safe water and add formula powder to it and add to feeding bottle. My baby loved it when it was hot and drank required quantity without any fuss.When it was cold he point blank refused. THis maybe healthy too becoz you know what is going where. If you feel something wrong you can discard.Good Luck.

3. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

My Son too drank similac formula powder. he liked it. But with my son I needed to make it little thin than the instructions said on the tin (hard to digest). you also mix one or two ounces of more water first and see , if he is still fussy.