Similac Baby Formula in Trivandrum

Discussion in 'Trivandrum' started by limkabook, Jun 12, 2012.

1. limkabook

limkabook Bronze IL'ite

Do you know if similac baby formula is available in trivandrum ? I would appreciate your reply.

I'm planning for a 2 month visit with my baby and one of my friend told me that her similac powder formula (upopened and kept in fridge) got spoiled even after keeping in fridge.

2. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Ok this is what you can do. I used similac as well for my one year old when we went to India this feb. I went to chennai, so its more harsh weather than your place I hope.

How long are you planning to stay?

In its a short term (a month) then you can get the powder and Dont keep it fridge (With current cuts and stuff it will spoil the powder). It is best to keep in an airtight container (Buy a good container from here too).
    Evian is the closest good water that you can get in India. Use that only.

If its long term, do you go by Chennai? I found a store that sold Similac powder and also the ready to use formula. And it was such a savior !!!

Let me know.

3. limkabook

limkabook Bronze IL'ite

Thanks much Nandhu for the detailed reply.I appreciate it.

I'm going to kerala and planning to stay for 2 months. I won't be going to chennai :(

You meant the opened powder needs to be kept in a different air tight container than the box that it comes in, right? I'll store the unopened bottles in kitchen counter . Also, if you don't mind can you post the name of the store and place where the similac and ready to feed bottles were purchased in chennai?

Also, i am carrying lots of gerber , beechnut bottles with me. Do we need to keep it on fridge in india / room temperature should be fine? Any experience on this?

How long did you stay in chennai with baby ? My friend she didn't have problems in the first 3 bottles, but the 4th one got spoiled,hence asked.

Thanks again.

4. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Yeah, that's what I meant. Once opened, transfer it to an Airtight container and keep it safe. With Ants and you-know-what-else might come up at night, it is best way I learnt :)

It's one of the shop in the called singapore mall. Anyone here or a chennalite will help you out in locating that place I think. I am married to a chennai person, so not good in telling you the exact location.

This place is a hub of small shops and they have everything we get in US. I even got some earth's best organic stuff, can you believe that ;-)

Keep them all out, since they are well packaged there is no problem. As I said before, with power outages, the temp varies when you keep in fridge and thus it will spoil the food fast. Open opened, use it within couple of hours and don't use it more than that.

I was for a month from Jan end to March earlier this year.

5. anitharavindran

anitharavindran New IL'ite

hi,

I saw the similac and other baby products what ever we use in here in naidu hall in pondy bazaar chennai.

Hope this helpful for u