1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sil With Other Neighbors Becoming Malacious

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Sapna56, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Sapna56

Sapna56 Bronze IL'ite

Hi All
    I have few neighbors who are very much interested in other people personal problems and gossips.
    I kind of prefer to remain aloof from those people.
    I also have long distant relative in that group. She has very good interpersonal skills. She gets close to almost every type of person. She's very smart enough. And good at bitching too. Also she's very jealous of me. I kind of try to be good and maintain distance with her.
    This relative and my good friend who is my neighbor became best friends in a very short time.
    I felt like they used me for their friendship. They both with other people formed group.
    Me and husband both felt like we are left out. My relative used all my neighbors to form a group and now they all hang out party together leaving us behind.
    Since that relative is being jealous they don't want us to be part of their group, and so they will not invite us.
    Looking at this I kind of made distance with these neighbours.
    Apart from dis relative and dat neighbour everybody seems ok in that group.
    Since I maintained distance with the relative and my good friend, now they started to be close to my sil.
    My sil already has issues with me. She stays with us. Even though I have a kid she's of no help to me. She already is negative about me.
    Now these two ladies are trying to be sweet with her so that they all can gossip about me.
    Even though my sil is not good to me, she's not that smart like my relative and that friend.
    But they say dushman ka dushman dost hota hai.
    So these two smart ladies are trying to be close with her so that they can talk about me. I guess what they talk about me is, "that I don't get along with them. My sil is better than me." I know the reason why they must be saying. It is because I kind of maintain some distance with them so...
    My sil acts like a news reporter to my in laws. She will inform each n evrything to my mil. Even if she don't help me, I should treat her nicely like a guest as per them. And if I don't treat her well, they will call my parents and trouble them. I don't like when they call my parents to complain about me.
    Similar incident happened last month around our anniversary. Fil complained to my dad that I didn't cook for them when they stayed at my place which is not true. Inspite of my kid and my college, I used to contribute in kitchen for them. I was very angry with this. And so I didn't pick their call when they called to wish me for anniversary.
    I prefer not to get too close to sil because if things don't happen her way she tells to my in laws.
    I am kind of feeling pressurized from outside people and also from my sil n in laws.
    I am feeling like any bad behavior an ill treatment from sil is accepted. And slight misbehavior by me is a big thing and unacceptable at all.
    Sil is allowed to do evrything and I am bind to behave nicely to her and allow all her tantrums at home.
    Insipte of being a victim, I am feeling that I am being harassed.
    Please suggest.

2. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

Op, it seems u r in tough situation. U r working it seems. Is the child in day care? I empathize with u. Is ur sister in law there to help u as u r working with kid? Fine . in ur current status please don't bother about what others think of u or talk of u. U be politically right. Ask ur sil kindly to help u little. U can say , i like the way u make chapathi anni(sil), please do it. So engage her in some work . stop worrying about others opinion for ur own peace. U be happy. Best wishes

3. Sapna56

Sapna56 Bronze IL'ite

I am studying in college. My DH called sil here to study and look for job and marriage.

sindmani likes this.
  4. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

Try the method I told u. There are many experts who can help you here