1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

SIL using our room..how to deal it tactfully

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by aryashi, Jan 16, 2013.

1. aryashi

aryashi Gold IL'ite

i am Finally leaving to my MIL place this weekend with my 5 month baby .. the other day just i went there for spending time with them for festival .. to my suprise i saw my just delivered SIL occupying my Room( me n DH room)..it was difficult for me to feed my baby as i had to go to my MIL room n feed there..i was little uncomfortable as it was'nt my room .. for the next 1 wk my SIL will be in her MIL place so by the time i go to MIL place she will leave.. so my Room will b mine.. but she will return in a week.. n i m guessing that they will ask us to give our room for her n we stay in MIl room.. how to deal with this situation> i dont want to go to MIL room for the following reasons:

1.Room is very small
    2.Pooja cupboard is there in it.
    3.No attached bathroom
    4.Rice bags are there in it.
    5. MIL-FIL wadrobe is there in it..

how to handle n make my husband understand the situation without hurting our relationship?
    i m sure they will brainwash him before hand
    he is mama boy ,..immature..can do anything for his Sister/MOM

1 person likes this.

2. seekingpeace

seekingpeace Silver IL'ite

if ur SIL is only going to stay and not her H, cant u and ur SIL share the room during nights? not sure how ur relationship is with SIL..but if its cordial..then u both can sleep there and leave ur DH in the living room or wherever there is space? -again only for the nights..

Also, how long will ur SIL stay? If its going to be long like few months..then u can shift some of ur things to ur MIL's room?

Also where will ur MIL stay if you occupy her room? What does ur DH think of all this?

2 people like this.
  3. smritisinha

smritisinha Platinum IL'ite

If husband is on your side, ask him to gently tell SIL "I want you and mom to spend some good time together like the old days. Mom, her child and her child's child! So you stay with her." :twisted:

If not, you tell the same thing gently.

Though, I dont think she would ask YOUR room from you, would she ??

1 person likes this.
  4. tulipzz

tulipzz Platinum IL'ite

It's her parents place and she would perhaps feel its totally okay to choose which room she wants to stay. How long will she stay for? Will you be able to adjust?