1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Shy Toddler Is Very Problematic At Home

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by sanjuruby3, Jan 17, 2019.

1. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

Try to bare her more adamant behaviour for 2 days or something..

Do not accept her demands but pacify her after 2 days in convincing way. Stretching the decipline too can turn bitter. So careful

Try this every alternate day and appreciate when followed,tinfront of H or your friends etc..

As this is a time taking and different with every individual try all the ways everyday.. :)

Tamrakshar likes this.
  2. pumpkin01

pumpkin01 Platinum IL'ite

My son likes to be on my lap for at least 5 min in the morning when we get up, either me or my hubby has to be around him when he gets up, I think that's kind of assurance that we haven't left him, if left alone then he gets cranky and I feel that 5 min is enough for him to feel loved.

Do wake her up at the same time you get up and see if she feels better. She is just 4 year dear don't expect that she will understand everything.

You shouldn't shout/yell at each other when the child is around you. You are not setting a good example by arguing in front of the child.

Children are way too smart to understand what's going on in their surrounding. Every house should have certain rules where both parents has to agree in respect to the way of upbringing of their child. I know it's easy saying then done, parenting is really not easy.

Why don't you make her sit with you for dinner/lunch/breakfast whenever possible. Encourage her and she will learn slowly. One thing at a time, don't stress yourself plan how to tackle with things and I am sure everything will fall into places gradually.

If possible watch videos of Super nanny on youtube you will get plenty of ideas.

shravs3 likes this.
  3. meVaidehi

meVaidehi Platinum IL'ite

It's not an issue. It could be her personality. Every child is different. And shouldn't be forced to behave like others just because that's popular.
    Let her be shy if she is happy being alone.

vrikshakadali likes this.