1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Should One Leave A Marriage Or Stay In A Marriage When Dh Is Impotent And Kids Are Involved?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by snehalJoshi, Jul 10, 2016.

Should one leave a marriage or stay in a marriage when DH is impotent and kids are involved?

1. LEAVE the marriage

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. STAY in the marriage

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  3. NOT SURE

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. snehalJoshi

snehalJoshi Silver IL'ite

When DH's impotency is right from the beginning and it is not developed after many years of marriage because of some health issues or something , then what should DW do ? Kids are involved.

2. shobhamma

shobhamma Gold IL'ite

Just curious
    Whose kids are these?

cheenu123 and pocahontas like this.
  3. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

Whose DW was she

jskls likes this.
  4. kollen

kollen Bronze IL'ite

Obviously, admit that you made an error in discernment and face it at its face value.

Leaving him now, for that undisclosed reason, when children are involved, will make you look very shallow as a person.

Rihana likes this.
  5. madras2018

madras2018 Platinum IL'ite

Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
  6. Gaiya3

Gaiya3 Gold IL'ite

I remember reading your earlier post. When nothing s resolved so far and when you have come to this point no point in continuing. If you can raise your child independently go ahead but remember one day they will grow wings and fly away. You had also mentioned in your earlier post that he is a good dad which means you would be depriving your child of his dad's affection. Step back, Ask yourself what do you really want than arriving at a decision based on a poll. Madras2018 has given u good pointers. Good luck

7. catwalk

catwalk Gold IL'ite

You have an ideal life, except for the intimacy. You have children as well. You never know what type of partner you may get, if you go for a second marriage. Risk factor is very high.
    Do you want to take that risk?

8. Rupanzal

Rupanzal New IL'ite

With kids involved it is a difficult decision to take. However consider this. You want to leave your husband because of his impotency.
    > By leaving your husband or trying to take a divorce, what is that you plan to get? Let us name it 'XX'. Will you get it outside your marriage? And how? By a second marriage? And do you plan to keep your kids with you? If so their education is involved and they will grow soon, and there is no predicting if they will be with you or if you can be with them.

> If you are going to leave this marriage, then you have to consider..........are you going to be happier or better off than you already are now. I don't see both.........within marriage or outside of your marriage being attractive.
    But here you have to pick the best from the worst.

> Your DH may not be on the right, but now that you have been so deep into it, you have to think a bit selfishly, it is your life.

> It is not the best of advice...........but once I had been to a psychiatrist, due to my numerous problems in my marriage, and I had told the doctor that due to my problems and craving for some emotional connect, I seem to have gotten involved with a guy with whom I have started having an affair, as I was guilty and confused, I questioned him, if I was wrong.
    He said that under the circumstances, I was starving for some care and love and therefore I was seeking this extra marital relationship and therefore it is ok, as long as my husband did not know as it could further complicate my troubled marriage. There was no harm to this relationship.
    My husband never knew, or rather I think he did not know.

>My hubby had his affairs, and I was suffering, all my relatives knew, and I had no face in the society. But due to my son, I could not leave him, and already the society was not easy on me, I became a lady for some, who thought as my husband was drunk and loafing with other women that they could try with me, and so there was this silent invitations from men who thought I was free for all. This situation was when I was still with my husband. Imagine what it could be without a husband!

> 15 years into marriage and this was the trouble all the time. the next 7 years I was struggling to clear all the debt, and the rest I struggled to study and find employment.

> Finally my marriage is good, and we don't have any of these problems, but I live with massive depression, and much bitterness, and have no faith on anyone.

> Life is no cakewalk for most of us, we never know which pit is deeper. Sometimes we have only pits and pits.
    > Advice is one thing, but take your time and take the decision which will keep you in a safer side for the rest of you life. What solution is right for the current situation may not be right after some years, or at a certain age (your age).

All the best.......