1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Should My Mother Contact Boys Mother?

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by nolife, Feb 14, 2019.

1. BeautifulSmile

BeautifulSmile Silver IL'ite

Please save the dignity of your and family's. It will work only if both sides are interested. Here all are sensing the same, sorry to say let it go. Good luck!

shravs3 and anika987 like this.
  2. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

NO, Let it go

anika987 likes this.
  3. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

:clap2:

4. pocahontas

pocahontas Gold IL'ite

To be honest - I have had this happen both ways. Sometimes, my parents would have declined an interest initially, or maybe the groom’s side. The reason is typically - location or horoscope match. If it is location I am ok if we revisit the match. If it is horoscope - my question is “How is the horoscope magically matching now?”. Was the horoscope match an excuse for something else or is it that the parents no longer want to keep rejecting matches on the account of horoscope. I don’t like either of the reasons - either ways, the initial reasons to decline are sure to come up. However, I am usually shot down on this and my parents ask me to keep an open mind.

If it is an alliance wherein I have spoken to the prospective groom - there is no way I am going back (irrespective of who has declined). I feel strongly about this and even though my parents ask me (sometimes it is very strong ask) about an odd alliance here and there (going back that is); I have not done that.

nolife likes this.
  5. nolife

nolife Silver IL'ite

yes, I have not done on going back for rejected matches from my end. I have not met many guys though. I feel if horoscope, looks , job matches and mentality matches reasonably one should give second chance as every comes with their experience and baggage, it is tough to judge in one meet provided mentality is not too bad.

6. pocahontas

pocahontas Gold IL'ite

Nolife, if everything matched I would have said yes the first time around. I believe that we should never second guess ourselves - we already have other people doing that for us.

nolife likes this.
  7. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

OK, I could share my brother's personal story here for clarity.

We saw a match through a family friend, and we were quite interested about the match just as the bride's side upon seeing the initial details like family background, education qualification, photo etc. So, we discussed with their family and scheduled a meeting at a common place (family meeting, where both boy and the girl get a chance to meet each other and discuss in private for few mins etc).
    Upon seeing the girl, the first impression from everyone of our side was very negative. The girl did not seem attractive as she was in the photo. And nothing about them impressed us in general either.
    We all honestly stated our impression in the car and rejected this alliance the same day citing something else (vaguely, as we did not want to hurt the girl or her family by our rejection).

We moved on after that, and started looking for other girls through matrimonial in the meantime. Within 2-3 months, one of my brother's friend approached me and my mom (as we stay together) one day, and stated that my brother would like to marry that girl (the above one). We were surprised, but later we came to know that the girl contacted my brother several times through his mobile and expressed how much she liked him and felt connected to him upon the first meeting etc..etc... and this continued for sometimes till my brother felt "something" for her.
    Since we all stated our opinion on the first instances, my brother was hesitant to come to us, and say that he likes her now. However, he approached us through his friend.

We were very happy to know that he liked her, as all we wanted was a girl of his choice to be his bride.

After this, we met their family formally and continued the marriage talks. Now that they are happily married for 5 years with 2 beautiful angels.

My SIL still don't know what we thought about her at the first instance, and why we rejected her then. In fact, she has turned out to be glowing after being a mother and this city life has changed her life style too. Now that, no one could say that she doesn't look attractive anymore.

So.... there is a chance.
    If you still love him, or feel some strong connection... my advice is to talk to him directly and speak your heart out. Don't be shy to be honest here. Love needs to be expressed out.
    There are ample ways to find his deleted no, and it is not rocket science.

The thing is, what is the reason for you to feel connected for him?
    Is it something "great" about him? or something about your loneliness and feeling tired of failed match making all these while?
    If it is the former, you should try for him... and good luck.
    If it is the latter, better be confident, and I am sure you can overcome this "low self esteem" with a good job, good friends, good life style to be "normal" again. And that's when you should try looking for a match.

vrikshakadali, nolife and Anusha2917 like this.
  8. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

A different perspective. . Good to read this reply. . :)

nolife likes this.
  9. nolife

nolife Silver IL'ite

Thank you SGBV.. I am sure the feelings are love but not loneliness.. He is the same guy who rejected me saying i am temperamental.. i was quite down and deleted his number from whatsapp but must tell you that he has deleted my number as soon as i deleted his.. I thought of conversation we bad and genuinely felt that there were issues with my communication reason being i am blunt and honest, unprepared for questions .. I see that two days back he has deleted his matrimony profile and removed his surname from linked in profile. I assume he gas found some one else now and do not want to make a fool of myself contacting him. I feel i tried enough before and his communication levels are low.. I am forced to move on and looking for other matches.

10. pocahontas

pocahontas Gold IL'ite

Hi, I have a question - how do you know he deleted your WhatsApp number? Just asking if there’s something about the WhatsApp “workings” that I don’t know.