1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Should kids join summer camp in vacations?

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by Happy2be, May 9, 2013.

1. Happy2be

Happy2be Gold IL'ite

My 6+ yr old DD is keen to join a summer camp that she will get activities and new friends. The camp close to my place is morning hours. She will leave by 9.15 and be back by 12 or so. There is a pick and drop cab, not sure it will have AC or not. The school conducting this camp has AC's in rooms and when I visited few days back, AC's were not on but they said they will switch them on as it will be very hot during vacations...Hope so!!

tomorrow is last working day and camp is from next week. ALthough DH is not saying no but is not really interested and says it will be too hot outside to expose her daily and what if she falls sick. But DD wants to join and I too was feeling that this will keep her morning wake up bath breakfast routine and I will get time to work, I work from home till lunch time but if she is at home she would keep insisting for company or something or the other.

One way I can i that I work in evenings during her vacations and attend her during days...Evenings are easier for her to pass time and she goes to a carft class for an hour in evening. DH agrees to this but DD keeps asking me now and then when will the camp begin... I'm so confused and have to get her enrolled by weekend if I want her to join.

Please mommies...suggest!!!

2. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

I can totally understand your situation because even i work from home...
    I would suggest that if your daughter is interested then send her to the camp.This woud keep her busy,happy and wont dsturb your routine.And add to ths the things she will get to learn in summer camp.If the summer camp looks worth the money then do send her...

3 people like this.
  3. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

I think if your daughter is interested send her..........ask her to drink lots of water & wear a hat or cap....

3 people like this.
  4. outofthebox

outofthebox Platinum IL'ite

I faced the same situation a month ago...and now my daughter is done with her summer camp which was for about 1.5 months since April..Now we will be off for a short vacation - me and my DD only :-D So, I cancelled the latter part of the camp this month. Even my DD is 6 years old, and she feels very bored at home. Since I also work from home, I decided to put her in summer camp, in which I could choose the classes for her. There were 3 slots for which we could choose 3 activities.

There were 2 reasons I chose to put her - one,just wanted her to enjoy her time with kids of her age. two, i needed time to work in the morning hours atleast.

I would say go for it if you are ok with the courses offered @ summer camp...!

1 person likes this.
  5. Happy2be

Happy2be Gold IL'ite

DD has joined the camp which is just 10 minutes on scooter from our place and she is happy to go there. Its just for a month but at least for that time period my morning routine is comfortable. She wears a cap and a shrug but since she drives back with her granndpa on scooter at 12.30 and its just too hot now, I hope she keeps well. Touchwood!!

2 people like this.