1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Should I Walk Out Of Marriage? Advice Plz..

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Newbee1, Nov 22, 2017.

1. Newbee1

Newbee1 Junior IL'ite

I know, even I wanted to buy kitchen appliances, pressure cooker, blender so day before yesterday I told him casually that walmart has great deals. We should buy stuff we were waiting to be on sale.He said ok. But then out of nowhere he raised finance wala argument. When I think of his argument patterns, it usually is on weekends. I think he feels that on a weekend I might want to go someplace outside. so he creates an argument that makes no sense.
    this time its a long weekend, I had no clue, got to know from a frnd. He thought if he told me I might suggest hanging out.So long weekend and black friday shopping,I am starting to think that he just wanted to avoid these kharchas so he tried to hurt me.

2. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

Talk ur heart with him . Listen to what he says. Have an open conversation. Make a budget. It takes time

3. Newbee1

Newbee1 Junior IL'ite

Yes, Low testosterone is the root reason he has lost enthusiasm in everything.
    after 1-2 months of our marriage when i asked him get T-levels checked he simply refused saying there is no problem with him. and now after 10 months and my nagging he checked,he really had low testosterone. He used to plead me before like please dont leave me and please help me get out of this blah blah all sorts of emotional blackmail.But when I waited for him to do something about it,he didnt. So I had to take matters in my hand, I searched for doctors, Foods that boost testosterone,used go to gym with him. and now he tells me i was dominating him all this time.

4. Newbee1

Newbee1 Junior IL'ite

I tried. I poured my heart out,cried a lot. he just stays quiet,doesnt say a word. If i ask him what he has to say, he starts behaving abnormally, playing the victim, haan sab meri galti hai, i m sorry, mai pair padta hoon and all that. he slaps himself. so i dont understand what to do next then i keep saying sorry sorry because i get scared when behaves like that n then situation is opposite and then I keep apologizing for nothing

5. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

OP, you are the best one to judge your situation. Hope you have seen many posts in IL on asexual marriages (if not read, Lack of intimacy is a reason for divorce.). If you feel or believe it is a serious problem, please talk to your parents.

If he say you are dominating him. Say you didnt meant to..instead was trying to support him. But if he is not ready to work on this issue you have to really think about your life as you dont want to trapped for ever. (talk in nice way) .

OP, it is not your fault. You are trying to help both of you.

Here is an article.
    When Your Partner Has Low Testosterone

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
    Newbee1 likes this.
  6. Newbee1

Newbee1 Junior IL'ite

Thanks a lot for sharing this article DDream. :)
    Reading the article just made me realize that I was doing the right thing. I have been doing everything possible to help him, he even said thanks to me for doing this one time when he was in a good mood. I didnt understand how I came materialistic and dominating all of a sudden :/

7. DDream

Yeah , it may be the side effect of this medical issue. If he is a good person otherwise, try to work on it. If he is in bad mood, dont take his talks so seriously. We will also make lot of unnecessary noise when we are in bad mood. Give him time to settle.

Sending India $3000/month, is too much. It may be tough to mange even monthly bills with one salary after sending this money (it depends on salary, still).

8. Newbee1

Newbee1 Junior IL'ite

Yes, it gets difficult to manage monthly bills but I manage household work and studying and keep searching/maintaining his diet. So I think he should do this by himself ,without me asking for him. but he doesnt follow the diet unless I tell him to. :( It irritates me to tell him the same thing everyday.
    And yeah $3000 is a big amount to send but instead of cutting it down and upsetting his parents, he blamed me for it.:) how convinient..

9. DDream

When one feels guilty, they blame others to feel good about themselves. Dont take it serious. Instead tell him to stop blaming you. play it back (" yeah, I should be blamed for giving up my job and for coming here to suffer ") or create an I don't care attitude. Some times ignoring this kind of talks is the best medicine for blame game ( see what works for you).

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
    Newbee1 likes this.
  10. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

This is one of the positive things in the OP.
    Imagine birth-control precautions failing, and the H4-OP stuck at home without a TV and pregnant to boot.
    Confronted him ? LMAO. You had already painted yourself into a corner -- giving up Infosys job, and moving abroad with a NRI who is obliged to pay EMI for a house you don't live in.

As you had full well realized, you are not in a good bargaining position for now. You have lost a lot, but then you are unwilling to see the bright side of "not pregnant yet" good fortune. At this point, although life will be tough, I would recommend you to cut your losses, chalk it up to a life's lesson learned well, and go home to India. If you have a baby, you cannot go home taking the baby with you, without your husband's permission.

At first your life will be difficult, but then people will lose interest in you and move on with their own lives. So long as your parents/siblings will support you for the interim until you get a job again and stand on your own two feet, you can go home.

Sunshine04, Dishaa, amunique and 2 others like this.