1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Should I leave my baby with MIL or at Daycare please give me your suggestion

Discussion in 'Infants' started by sweetyk, May 18, 2012.

1. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Hi rath811
    Welcome to IL!!

2. Harithag

Harithag Gold IL'ite

HI,Its better to manage things without expecting your MILs help.I know its stress,but days gone by, you will adjust and get used to the situations and feel confident and satisfied that you are capable of doing things without others.

Search for a good day care.I think she will get used to it soon.
    Think whether your Dad will be able to manage a 7 month old.

If you ask me for another option,then take a break on LOP for 6 months.So that she completes 1 yr and then you can send her to daycare.

3. veeramachaneni

veeramachaneni Platinum IL'ite

It is always better to keep the baby Home if possible unless if you have any big issues with your MIL.

4. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Girls, its an old thread. OP's DD is now 19 months and little one stays home. Her inlaws/parents are helping her.

1 person likes this.
  5. Bhavi2810

Bhavi2810 New IL'ite

After 2 years, Last Month only I started my career again. Now iam also sailing on the same boat as u.. Iam going to share you my experience.. As i started going to work. My mil n fil came with us to take care of our child, he is 1.7 years old. But After one week they were not interseted to stay in chennai as they dont like chennai much becos of enviornment. So they take him with them to take care at there native itself.. And every weekend we used to visit there place to see him.. He also used to stay with them as he came to know that dad n mom went to office.. But whenever we visit there.. His way of behaviour changes alot.. m not sure that things changes in daycare or not.He is becoming adamant to get the things.He started cheating to eat properly, going to hit someone, if they scold him.The way I used to bring him in practise,it was changing slowly with his grandparents.. May be if i was with him.. I will scold n teach him to do or not.. But the grandparents used to leave these things so that he can not feel sad or miss there parents.n now misunderstanding started creating with me n mil

So I feel like its better to put in daycare.. Atleast they can learn some social activities. Atlast they have to go one day and we will also not blame others to bring him up.