1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Should I Be Worried About My (almost) 3 Year Old?

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by Rakhii, Jun 11, 2018.

1. alady2018

alady2018 Silver IL'ite

@Rakhii

My concern even before reading @PallaviD was similar. Maybe one of the daycare providers are comforting him saying this is his "home" for now and that one of them is "Mommy" for now.

My MIL comforts my toddler saying she is "Amma" downstairs and me as the "Amma" upstairs - when he starts looking for me during the day. (I WFH in a room upstairs).

A thought came up in my head - just sharing in case it is relevant - Is there a recent book/video/rhyme/song he really likes with a protagonist "Mommy" or "mother" that he is looking for?

2. diva31

diva31 Guest

hello! I just read your post. My youngest son is also 3 years old. This age is very difficult to handle. People say that age 2 is the most challenging as it is "terrible twos" but 3 years are "3 teens". this means that your kid at 3 is going to be a big challenge. but just be patient with him. Patience is a very important tool in motherhood. Being a mother has changed everything for me. When you become a parent, you think you’re a patient person, but you’re not. You think you’re a compassionate person, but you’re not. what happens is that it teaches you to be patient, compassionate and many other things. So just live this part of your life with full heart! Good luck!

alady2018 likes this.
  3. diva31

diva31 Guest

Hello! Congratulations, you have survived the "terrible twos!" Now you should get ready to face the next challenge. Gather the energy left to enjoy what lies ahead for you and your preschooler. They call the next few years the "magic years" - partly because it seems like magic that your child is finally listening to you and partly because for your child, it is a time for his or her imagination to run wild. I am also dealing with mine 3-year-old son. And I literally don't know what is happening in my life and around me right now. It is not easy but also it is not all that bad. There is fun too. Best of luck and don't panic!