Short term relocation to Pune-Need Info

Discussion in 'Pune' started by AbhiSing, Jul 31, 2007.

1. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Dear Pune ILites

I need your valuable posts in helping me to enjoy my stay in Pune as we will be arriving there soon (short term).
    Our service apt will be in Aundh area. Can ILites shed some light about the locality and I would be grateful if you would answer atleast to some of my questions.

1. Is it possible to get admission in kindergarden -UKG (for 4 months) in Aundh area schools?
    2. Are there any libraries nearby?-It is as essential as food to me.
    3. What is the climate there from september to December and should I need to bring any special wardrobe?
    4. Also please suggest some sight seeing and picnic spots to venture out in weekends in and around Pune.
    3. Are there any temples in Aundh area and also please let me know of any other temples nearby.
    5. Last but not the least, what are the must- buy items and shopping areas with good bargains (please, not the high end malls:) ).

Thanks in advance.

Cheers:wave
    Vijee

2. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

Hi Vijee,

sorry i saw the post just now.

The climate from Sep-dec is mild. From nov end it starts getting cold, hence you would need light woolens at that time.

There are lots of sight seeing and picnic spots around pune. There are lot of trek spots, mahabaleshwar, lonavala, balaji temple, sighgad fort, ananda valley etc.

You can always go to tulsi bagh and laxmi road for shopping. There are also couple of malls that have good bargains.

I have answered the basics. Since i am exactly on the other side of the city...i am not much aware of aundh area and so have not answered all your queries.

Let me know if you need any more info then i can enquire and let you know.

Warm regards
    Roopa.

3. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Dear Roopa,

Thank you so much for the reply.
    Will get back to you soon before embarking in Pune.

Cheers
    Vijee

4. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

Hi Vijee,

Have you arrived in Pune???

Roopa.