1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Short Story - The Avatar

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by Preethi, Nov 6, 2006.

1. sushdevi

sushdevi Senior IL'ite

a very pious plot

Dear Preethi,
    It was just today that I went through your story on The Krishna Idol...you have depicted the power of the Almighty very well ..Although the plot is a repeatedly said one -the good trampling the evil-the new angle you gave to the reincarnation of Krishna was simply well timed and wonderful..It did really make me very emotional in the sacred way ...Yes ,evil would be destroyed then and there .... TSUNAMI ..may also be termed as the eleventh avatar of Lord Krisna...
    Well woven plot of a sacred story ..That is what I feel about your narration..
    wonderful work...
    love sheela (sushdevi)

2. Preethi

Preethi Gold IL'ite

Thanks Sheela

Dear Sheela,

Thanks for the feedback. In fact, I had forgotten about posting this story myself, when your comment came and believe me to read what you wrote, its so Invigorating...!!

I have almost lost touch with the habit of writing stories. Reading your feedback, has given me the confidence which I seem to have lost somewhere down the lane...! Thanks a lot for your feedback.

I take this opportunity to let you know that I finished reading your another short story, The Bride, before my holidays, but due to the long holiday and diversions that followed, It skipped my mind to write my feedback to you...This one too was very interesting and well-written. Though the end was guessable, the way the story was handled made it very interesting and I finished it at one go, leaving behind all the pending jobs that I had stacked up at work. :)

Your other stories, I will take time to read them and get back to you with my feedback as and when I am finished with them...

It's a good going from your side...keep up the good work !

Love,
    Preethi

3. anjana

anjana Bronze IL'ite

Dear Preethi,

You have shown that natural disasters do have a reason behind it even though they try to prove it scientifically. Somehow I missed reading this until today. Short and sweet story with a moral. Keep it up. Do post more of these.

Love,

4. slgayatri

slgayatri Bronze IL'ite

Preethi

Hi
    I just read the story u wrote.
    Its a wonderful explanation of Tsunami.
    All people will think why these Tsunamis and earth quakes are coming, and they are destroying so many things.
    But this is the real situation in which such natural accidents happens, when sinners are more on the earth. I do believe in God and in karma tatvam.
    Whoever performs sins, they've to take punishments.
    U've posted a nice story. Keep ur stories coming...

Cheers.
    Gayathri

5. Preethi

Preethi Gold IL'ite

Thanks !

Dear Anjana and Gayathri,

Firstly, thanks a lot for your comments...I seem to have missed reading your comments somehow and today only noticed your replies..pls forgive me for the late reply.

Reviews and comments from people like you, always makes me feel good. I will try my best to give your stories like this in the future.

Love,
    Preethi

6. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello

avathaaram enru solli
    tsunamiyil krishnarai thulaithayo?
    enge krishnar enru yaarum ketkavillai
    thirudargal pidipattade seidi

krishna nee
    matrorumurai
    tsumaiyaai avathaaram edukkaade
    oriru kettavargalai thirutha
    nee
    `ariyadha makkalayum' eduthu chellade
    thavippadu vidupatta kuzhandaigalum
    petrorume..'

kathai manathai thottadukku
    kavithaiye satchi ..!!

sathya

7. Preethi

Preethi Gold IL'ite

I bow to you, Sathya

Dear Sathya,

Am still loss of words after seeing your kavithai...

Your post has given me the BIGGEST honour...A small story from me has elicited a beautiful poem from you...Your poem is very short and highly effective. Your poem knocked me on the floor for good..I am still trying to recover from the impact of that knock..I think the recovery will take some time...I must tell you, I adored your post (poem) a lot....

You're poem has deeply moved me, Ithanodha bhaathipu probably might lead to another story from me :)

Your questions has made me to think deeply Sathya..Your questions are like one "Saatai Adhi" for me ! You have asked "Oriru Kettavargalai thirutha nee 'Ariyadha Makkalayum' edhuthu chellade thavippadhu vidupatta kuzhandaigalum petrorume.." !

I was thinking so much and in depth, to write a reply to you, lest seeing another 'thought-provoking' kavaithai form you, for which I may not be able to give an appropriate answer.

Sathya, If I re-collect our own mythology, There are many incidents in our hindu epic/stories where we have seen the god's patience being tested by arakars and asuras and because of his inability to tolerate the amount of evil on earth (or heaven) by these evil-makers, every god has taken different avatar to destroy them. In ancient times, mostly god had to kill only one BIG Asura or few hundreds of Asura's to safe-guard the people/sages/other heavenly gods. In this kali yug, things are not the same as we have seen in our epics...amongst every 100 man only an handful (probably even less) are good...Man in order to live upto the ever-growing demands of his soceity, is taking all ways to get himself on top of the others. Violence, betrayal, Jealousy, Vengence all has become integral part of his life. Our mother earth who had been tolerantly bearing all the negativities of the mass humans, in course of time, has lost her patience and cool. We must have, during those ancient times, only heard about man-made catastrophes. Think of when these natural calamities started to increase ??? it got increased only when mother earth could bear no longer the atrocities done by man-kind, and these kind of tsnumani, volcano, hurricane are all nature's fury against us.

Well, Tsunami though if seen as God's avatar to destroy the evil (as in my story), why it should kill many innocent people and children?? I think God was being fair in giving justice to the evil, in the process it hurt some innocent life's too. Other than those real innocent one's whose life was taken so heartlessly, the accountability for other's death, could be a result of their own sins which they must have committed in this birth. And for those destined to prematurely die, for no fault of theirs - well,they have to answer their own karma, Probably they had some unfinished penality carried from their previous birth which was fulfilled in this birth, through God's avatar like these. We all believe Kalki avatar is last Avatar of Vishnu in this kaliyug. And my only answer to your question is, probably Tsunami is one form of his Kalki Avatar through which he wants to bring down the evil and allow good to triumph ! God alone can account for the deaths of the good and bad people. We, as humans, can never find justification for the loss of many such life.

Tell me Sathya, what harm did all those young children of kumbakonam school did to succumb to such cruel death some years back. For the fault of few teachers, who had been negligent, death has claimed the life of many young kids ? God would have been definitely looked down upon a heartless supreme power to have let these innocent children die,by many of us. If God willed, he could have saved those children life, Couldn't he ? Even I cursed god for doing such a thing to those young children. But let me tell you, God alone can justify the death of these children in that accident. As humans, we can never come to terms with that incident nor with god's purpose to do such a thing.

Every good and bad thing happening in this planet, is all predestined and meant for a purpose. Accepting those construction/destruction as a result of human's good/evil nature, is the only spiritual justification we have in hand, other than the scientific justification we have heard to account for these incidents, as an aftermath of many research.

I, once again, thank you a lot for provoking me to come up with this write-up. I am sighing of relief (a bit) as that of leaving a heavy burden off my shoulders (and my heart too !)

Love,
    Preethi

PS: This write-up is a baathipu of your poem, so please don't hold anything against me for its contents :)

8. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello

kutti kutti varigalakku
    ithanai periya vaarthaigala?

anyway yes i fully agree with u reg past actions.. and their reactions!!

in my opinion i like the wars of age old(if there should be wars at all)
    as the warriors fought with warriors alone and perhaps kings with kings..they had just swords which they used with sense of equality .. like in the movies they gave a sword to the opponent if he didnt have one.. and the lord too killed the asura and his counterparts to redeem place or pride to devaas and people..
    but look today
    they kill innocents with bombs and chemicals...kill themselves boldly in suicide attacks just to get a place or power... if someone wants to comit suicide let them.. why kill innocents in the process...the lord too had his share of this kind of ``warfare in tsunami and kumbakonam thee'' he too killed innocents...!!

my writing on kumbakonam thee in july that year

kumbakonathil thee

amma..
    athirshtamana machamendru sonnaye amma
    inru en athirshtathai ennavendru solluvadu
    karu macham karugipponathaal ennai
    engengo thedugiraye
    palliyil unavalikka moottiya thee
    engalai unavaai kondathu eno amma
    naamiruvar namakkoruvar ena nee konda kolgayil
    indru meela thuyaram kondayo amma
    pattam vida katru thantha appa
    inru pattathukkum mel parakkinrene therigiradha
    appa tholgalil thongi vilayadum ennai
    thooli kondu enamma selginranar
    iyo idukattukka
    ingu erindadu pothatha
    un madiyil innum satru neram irukkirene amma
    en chellakkannu enru konjamal azhuginraye
    azhade amma
    un kanneerum ennai sudugirade

theekkul viralai vaithal nandalaala
    unnai theendum inbam thonrumaada nandalala?

ezhudivittu naanum azhudhen ..!!

sathya

9. Sparkle19

Sparkle19 Silver IL'ite

nice write up:clap