1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Short Imaginary Vacations

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by nandinimithun, Jul 20, 2011.

1. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

As I sit here trying to find something meaningful to write and read, with my laptop open and mindlessly scratching my left hand, can’t think of anything to write about, nothing to read. I look through some old pictures to remember some real good times. The itch on my left annoys me and this time I scratch it harder than before, as I close my eyes to sit and imagine a place.
    It’s the mountains with full of lush greenery and brown which comes to my mind. Mountains make me feel very safe, yes they do!! They stand there over the centuries and they represent permanence and they might change over the years but they never go away. They never leave.
    The thought of travelling to a new place excites me and you never know what stories you might get to hear on the way and what stories you might end up telling. It depends on the part of you that the place awakens and touches. Some places makes me feel like a child and induces a spirit within and some places make you feel like a matured adult, so you are a different person to each of these two places. You have a relationship with each of this city which only the city and you can understand.

Some places I find myself in someone else’s conversation. I meet myself there and we explore parallel universes, and I return home and so does my other self … to the story where it lives. I love meeting a different me every time I travel with my hubby, I surprise myself sometimes.
    I sense a different of myself (Maybe I might travel shortly with my hubby) and I need to encounter it, conquer it…. May be a story is waiting out there. I must go to meet myself somewhere on the winding path that leads to the peak. I am lost under the watchful eyes of the beautiful and massive eyes of the mountains. I come back from a short vacation of mine, and now here I am sitting on the sofa with my laptop still open and with my thoughts taken a form of words….

We all live in a busy and hectic schedules these days and we fail to take a holiday or rediscover ourselves and sometimes we don’t have time for our hobbies and for our loved ones, not everyday can we have a vacation though we wish to, it is at these times we can imagine a place of choice whihc will rejuvenate our energy, and imagine a short vacation, travel there in our imagination and later plunge into the reality…………… these short vacations gives mind a break from the routine….

What are you waiting for, take a break and get ready for your short vacation :)

2. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

Hai Friend,

To rejunevate, refrain and to refresh surely we need a break from our routine.
    Really our mind and body will be more bright and by accommodating ourselves with the new atmosphere etc., etc., will always bring enthusiastic energy. Good one. Short ,sweet and small vacation tips you have well defined.

3. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

thank u sri

ya both body and mind requires a short imaginary trips every now and then, which doesnt cost much :)