Shops for newborn baby products in chennai

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by YesBee, Jul 1, 2009.

1. YesBee

YesBee Bronze IL'ite

Hi Friends,

I am from chennai and in need of the new born baby products like receiving blanket, bath tub, cradle, baby bed etc. Can anyone please suggest me good shops in chennai where these products are available in best rates ? I have heard of shops like just born, baby lou, born babies are good with these products but the costs are higher. Have anyone visited these places.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2009

2. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

YesBee,
    chk asklaila...
    baby in Chennai - asklaila
    the list of kiddo shops there...
    2 common shops we have in cbe and chennai are just born and best baby... but what i have realised is most shops are more or less equally priced unless you want to go for mothercare... its thrice as pricey as these shops!
    bestbaby here gives 10% off to expectant mothers and some free membership etc and free diaper delivery service... chk out offers they have there.its a good shop

3. YesBee

YesBee Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Poonam. Will definitely visit few shops this weekend. Thanks again for the list.

4. manjulats

manjulats Silver IL'ite

Naidu Hall has also some good items.If time permits ,check it out.

5. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

My experience with clothes/cloth diapers/furniture from Jus Born and Baby Lou is that they are of poor quality and exorbitantly priced.
    The only clothes we got for DS before he was born prematurely were from the two aforementioned shops. The sales team from Jus Born bullied us - "madam you will be suffocating your child by putting him in t-shirt material" and refused to give us clothing that would be warm for our winter baby.
    The jablas we got from the places pilled badly enough to chaff DS's skin and the buttons came off after the first wash - (which incidentally was done by me, very gently with hands). In a second shirt, the material tore when DS was jerking his fist around and his IV tubing caught the fabric. All clothes were huge, meant for a bigger infants even though they sold it as newborn clothing. When we asked them to exchange some of the unused clothing and replace it with smaller sized, warmer clothing they refused (this was Jus Born.)
    I finally did go to mothercare and got some newborn clothing in the smallest size and that lasted us for 4.5 months till DS outgrew them. It has now been handed down to two sets of infants and has worn well for them, without much pilling.
    The clothing from Naidu Hall too did well and compared to Jus Born and Baby Lou were priced competitively.
    Mothercare has bi-annual sales (one should come up sometime in August). I found a lovely crib that coverts to toddler bed for RS 14,000. It is on the higher side, but worth the money when you know you are getting a safe product that would last long. For receiving blankets, you can get flannel from the market and have the edges hemmed. IMO, they are anytime better than products from some of the branded shops.

6. Stephane

Stephane Senior IL'ite

According to me ,for diapers, feeding bottles etc, you can opt for NaiHaa.
    and I prefer MotherCare for other products crib, dresses etc, eventhough it is costly, It is worthy

7. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

Hey YesBee, You can go to NaiduHall (next to Naihaa in T.Ngr) or MotherCare. You will get anything a new born / new mommy needs in NaiduHall and prices are reasonable. Those that are not available there is available in Mothercare.

I was not happy with NaiHaa, though they have outlets in many areas, they still dont have the required stuff or mostly run out of stock for baby stuff. Many a times, I have noticed that a pack of diapers in NaiHaa would cost nearly 200 more than the same pack in NaiduHall. When I asked about the diff in price, they said, it is a different management so prices are different. That is wierd. This comment is purely from my experience. Pls dont mistake my Stephane.

8. YesBee

YesBee Bronze IL'ite

Hi All,
    Thanks for all the info.
    I did visit Baby lou and found that the costs are too high. Naihaa in Velachery did not have any collections at all. I really wanted to visit naidu hall in T.Nagar, but I will not be allowed to visit as T.Nagar is always crowded and my DH and parents are against crowded area.
    In between I saw mom n bebe shop in alwarpet on the way to my hospital. It is a small shop, but has all the required items and price is also reasonable. Customer care is also too good. They have promised to deliver the items to the hospital itself on a phone call. So we just have to select the items for now and get it later after the delivery. For now we have decided to go with that shop. But also thinking of visiting Mothercare once.

9. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Naidu hall - a one stop shop for all these products. Try out!! :thumbsup

10. dubbi

dubbi Bronze IL'ite

Try Shanthis in Indira Nagar, Adyar. They have infant wear amd other baby products as well as maternity wear and prdts for mom. I think they have a exchange policy too.

Shanthi's The Garment Shop

Deepa