Shops for good traditional pattus in Madras and Kanchi

Discussion in 'Tamil Nadu' started by Pranama, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Pranama

Pranama New IL'ite

I know of a few of kinds of pattus like

Kanjeevaram,
    Uppadas
    Benaras

which give the bride a very grand look. And yes, I would like to buy some 5-6 pattu sarees for my marriage which are distinct from each in their weaving or designs,etc...

Please add to the list other pattus which are very grand without any further embroidery work on the saree.

I know of other traditional pattus like Dharmavaram, Pochampally, Mysore silks, etc... but do they look rich without embroidery like a Kanjeevaram looks?

Please suggest...we need to start our shopping in some days...

Also, please give pointers to shops in Madras and Kanjeevaram to buy some really good traditional pattus.

Many thanks :)

2. srirekham

srirekham Bronze IL'ite

Hi..

There are lots of modern designs now in Pattu variety now a days .. definitely distinct from each other.. try shops like Sundari Silks, Nalli, Tulasi Silks, etc. in Chennai.. They have really good collections.. Good luck !

3. eas561

eas561 New IL'ite

i have been to sundari silks whatever you want will be available there in different price ranges..also they match blouse pieces really well!also check out nalli and pothys for range.all the best with the shopping.enjoy.eat well and go :)

4. aparnag

aparnag Platinum IL'ite

If you are planning to go to kanchipuram, you can try pachaiappa's and prakash sha..
    amazing collection!!!

5. SudhaManimaran

SudhaManimaran Bronze IL'ite

In Kanchipuram Babusha also having many good varieties and range of silk sarees..There workers are very good and they will show u sarees for 3 hrs also with much patience..

6. vishuni

vishuni Silver IL'ite

Babusha in Kanchipuram has good colelction of sarees.You can try there.

7. murugoms

murugoms New IL'ite

We have great collections in Co-optex too. There you can buy pure pattu

8. Bhavani22

Bhavani22 Gold IL'ite

Are you still lokking for saree shops?
    As said by ILs here Babu shah has good collection of silk sarees suitable for all occcasions and they frankly tell you if its true zari or clustered
    If you are looking for Original Kancheevaram zari sarees ,visit silk socities in kanchipuram.they'll have only true zari sarees and they'll give discount also.
    To name few silk socities: Aringar Anna society,Murugan pattu society, Krishna Society.
    All are located in Kamarajar street in kanchipuram. Don't allow brokers to guide you.

Hope this helps!

9. NiranjaniRaj

NiranjaniRaj New IL'ite

rather than babu sah Please check madheswaran silks saree shop too they are having variety of bridal collections and lesser than half price in babu sah