shopping in trichy

Discussion in 'Tamil Nadu' started by bhavani01, Jun 23, 2013.

1. bhavani01

bhavani01 New IL'ite

Hello Ladies,
    I will be traveeling to Trichy this August, am doing a pilgrimage of the temples and will have an extra day in trichy before I fly out. I was wondering if any of you ladies would be so kind as to tell me where can I shop for some sarees and chuudidars in Trichy?

I have not been there (trichy) before so any help is appreciated.

Thank you

2. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

:welcome to IL family Bhavani01 Sister,

Chennai Silks for Textiles, Mangal & Mangal, for others would be an option.

Along the Malaikottai (Rockfort) Ganesha temple, there are lot of textile shops which are also good..

HAPPY PILGRIMAGE/ SHOPPING, Best wishes..

3. bhavani01

bhavani01 New IL'ite

thanks so much for the response. Is chennai silks and Mangal & Mangal in the same area? Would I also be able to get some craft work there?
    thks

4. Deepa88

Deepa88 New IL'ite

Hi you can try sarathas in trichy.It has plenty of sarees and chudi collections.Cheap and baest also

5. chamu02

chamu02 Gold IL'ite

hi,
    if you are looking for high budget - Sree Nakoda and Sivam - for both chudis and sarees (nearby & located at Theppakulam ) are good choice.
    Also sarathas & lakshmi silks (nearby & located at Theppakulam ) are a good option and if high budget , talk to the sales persons to show versatile ones.
    Mangal and mangal - More like mustafa shopping centre here in Singapore. You can get any household things.
    As you have mentioned that it is a pilgrimage trip : Malaikottai Sri Thayumanavar temple for thiru palliyezhuchi with ushath kala abhshegam , uchi pillaiyaar ; thiruvanaikovil -uchi kalam (exactly @12 noon it will be finished ,so prepared to be there @11.30) Srirangam - plan for evening so that the doors are open mostly in the evening. Can add samayapuram, uraiyur vekkaliamman temple, vayaloor murugan temple, thirukarkudi-uyyakondaan malai also. Have a pleasant trip.

6. sumanrathi

sumanrathi IL Hall of Fame

I am sure you will go to Malai kotai temple. if you go their you can get all in one street.

good luck
    Pray for all of us to have happy and healthy life.

Enjoy each and every movement with your family.

7. bhavani01

bhavani01 New IL'ite

Thank you ladies for all the suggestions and tips. I will definitely look up those places when I visit next week.