shopping in Sowcarpet

Discussion in 'Shopping & Restaurants' started by Traveller, Mar 22, 2008.

1. padmamadhavan

padmamadhavan New IL'ite

hi ,

Other than sarees and salwars is there any shop in godown street for kids dresses?
    After reading this thread im very much excited to shop in sowcarpet. I have been there in my school days . When i asked my dad abt sowcarpet he said there r whole sale shops for foot wear too.

Thank u all for sharing information abt sowcarpet. I cant wait to shop .....

2. sowminivibu

sowminivibu Silver IL'ite

dar padma

as soon as u enter godown street there is a kids shop on the left with all ranges n designs ..so u can check tht out

lov
    sowmi

3. parentvael's

parentvael's New IL'ite

Sorry! Never been to sowcarpet.

Thanks though cuz my friend swears by shopping there! so now i can use your replies to m y benefit too!

4. padmamadhavan

padmamadhavan New IL'ite

Dear sowminivibu,

Thank you very much . I will chk out that shop . I thought there wont be any kids dresses shop there. Im thrilled to know that i can shop there for my kid too....

5. sangeethraj

sangeethraj Bronze IL'ite

Hi Latha,
    I am Sangeetha. Newly joined IL. I wish to do shopping in Sowcarpet. Can you help me? Can u come with me for shopping or can u tell me In which shop u bought dress materials, sarees and jewellery? If i tell your name means whether they will give good quality of material in nominal rate.

Regards,
    R.Sangeetha

6. kaluputti

kaluputti Platinum IL'ite

In sowkarpet you can buy anything, and it is all cheaper than in any other place in Chennai.I buy all my raw materials and frame pictures, buy gift items ...so on.. there, though it is difficult with all the congestion, difficulty in parking etc.

7. Senorita

Senorita Silver IL'ite

Hi Latha,

I love to do shopping in Sowcarpet, its my favorite shopping spot in chennai after T-Nagar and Adyar.

I have purchased all my daily wear sarees at Sowcarpet. We get nice shiffon sarees and easy for maintaining with reasonable prices. You can find lot of Marwadi shops over there and can also bargain.

And for junk items like watches, deo's, inner wear, decorative items, sandals, hand bags you can visit Costoty street. Very good imported material for dress also available.

Happy shopping!!

8. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Hi all,

Could someone suggest me the good shops in sowcarpet area to get sarees ans salwar materials. Kind of simple and professional like chiffon without jari work

Last edited: Aug 12, 2008
  9. shanssv

shanssv New IL'ite

Hi Latha,

I read this long-long discusion an year ago. If you are available I would like to know whether you are available to go to SOWCARPET.

Anticipating your reply.

bye for now.

10. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Hi,

Wish I was available right now to do shopping proper indian way... but alas i'm sitting miles away, comfy in our apartment as it's freezing outside. Are you in Chennai now? I started this thread hoping that i'd be making a trip home... but i'll have to wait atleast until summer'09!

Happy shopping!
    Latha