1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Shopping in less time and buying the best

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

You brought a smile on my face when I read this and am sure when you hand over the gift to your GD, she will bring a smile out too !!

1 person likes this.
  2. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Nice one Vijima :)
    I too go for quick shopping with a list with all the details, saves a lot of time and money as well :)
    Not all discounts are true or fair. One of our acquaintances owns a clothes shop and once when we went in to buy dresses for diwali and asked him to give 'special discounted' prices, he shared the shocking truth.
    He usually buys a dress on whole sale for Rs 5 a piece. He then puts a price tag of 4 times the whole sale price, say Rs 20. He then prints a discounted/sale price tag of 3 times the whole sale price, say Rs 15. So, a customer who comes, looks at the discount price of Rs 15 and further bargains and he agrees to the price of Rs 10. The customer is happy, thinking that by bargaining, he brought down the price of Rs 20 to Rs 10. Owner is happy for he is still getting double the whole sale price and loses nothing.

1 person likes this.
  3. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vijima,

Sad to say, I am notoriously useless at this art. I can't bargain for nuts. It is always take it or leave it. Guess I just lose out on all the fun of shopping in India. Funnily enough my nephew's wife who is an American is excellent at this art and can reduce the price to a fraction of the quoted amount. Need to go and have some fun shopping with her next time they come to India. :)

1 person likes this.
  4. vchelluri

vchelluri Gold IL'ite

Dear Vijima,

Count me also with you as I also complete my shopping so quickly and come out with good results most of the times. And I mostly prefer to shop by myself bcos whenever I go out with someone it will definitely be a bigggggg failure even after spending soooo much of time.

Regards,
    Latha.

1 person likes this.
  5. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Manju dear ya I am better now. Glad to know that you are also like me.Good you dont go for discounts. Nice to know about your experience in shopping.

6. iyerviji

Sudha dear glad that I could bring a smile on your face with my post. True my GD had a smile on her face when she saw the gifts

7. iyerviji

Navs dearglad you too go for quick shopping with a list and finish shoppin gsoon. True some discounts are not far. [
    Not all discounts are true or fair. One of our acquaintances owns a clothes shop and once when we went in to buy dresses for diwali and asked him to give 'special discounted' prices, he shared the shocking truth.
    He usually buys a dress on whole sale for Rs 5 a piece. He then puts a price tag of 4 times the whole sale price, say Rs 20. He then prints a discounted/sale price tag of 3 times the whole sale price, say Rs 15. So, a customer who comes, looks at the discount price of Rs 15 and further bargains and he agrees to the price of Rs 10. The customer is happy, thinking that by bargaining, he brought down the price of Rs 20 to Rs 10. Owner is happy for he is still getting double the whole sale price and loses nothing

Nice to know about the shocking truth from the shopkeeper. Will be useful next time when I go for shopping

8. iyerviji

Satchi dear good to know that your nephew' wife is excellent in shopping. I think I should also take some tips from her.

9. iyerviji

Latha dear good to know that you also do shoppin gfast. Good that you also like to do shopping alone.

10. Magee

Magee Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi Vijima,

I too love to go for shopping alone only:banana, but my DH tsk to go alone, hence i tell him after i complete my shopping most of the time or i call him when i was in the shop to purchase for himHarhar.

Shopping in less time.......:hide:, impossible for me, Even my shopping is over i do some window shopping, I really enjoy the time when i go for shopping alone.

And i also stick out to the budget.......but most of the time get tempted by window shopping 1 or 2 items will gets add on to it:bonk.