1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Shopping Abroad for India

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by Ami, Jun 27, 2006.

1. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Prestige Smart Kitchen

Purnima,

Here is a link to their website. You can look at the range of products they have to offer. If you do decide to buy the prestige, then please do so only in the Samrt Kitchen show rooms that they have in various cities. Wow final shopping this weekend. You must be leaving pretty soon then!

http://www.prestigesmartkitchen.com/

Vandhana

2. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Another link for you...

Hello Purnima,

Final shopping this weekend?! O wow, I do hope you will manage well in time. I wonder where in India you are heading to, is it Bangalore? BTW, I am from B'lore too.
    Okay, looks like you have enough terraces and balconies to pretty up! By the way, do enlighten me, what is the difference between a terrace and a balcony. I'd like to know.
    Below is a link to garden articles and tools at Target. Check it out and see if some it may interest you. You need not buy there, but can look for similar stuff even at Walmart or any other place you may be shopping at. This is just for your info.

http://www.target.com/gp/browse.html/ref=in_br_display-ladders/601-2639660-8597704?%5Fencoding=UTF8&node=13825271

L, Kamla

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2006
  3. purnima_2k

purnima_2k Senior IL'ite

HI Vandana!

Vandana ,prestige items look really good! Now i really have to rethink on buying them from here ..hmm.thanks for the info :) I am leaving on 23rd. Most of my shopping is over -- dresses, gifts, some small kitchen items ,medicines for my grandparents etc etc. I have also slowly started packing :)

Thanks once again Vandana !

Purnima

4. purnima_2k

purnima_2k Senior IL'ite

hey Kamla!

Thank you! the link looks good! i didnt know somany tools were there for gardening :)

Kamla, i willbe leaving on the 23rd of this month. I will land in chennai first and then go to bangalore. Where in Bangalore is your house? Though i am not a bangalorean, i kinda know a few places there!

We are currrently here in a furnished apt, so we dont have the headache of packing /selling furnitures etc.Even kitchen items are provided by our agent!! Last time i was there for a while in King of Prussia, at that time , our winding up happned for whole 2 months!!:) This time its easier, we are out of suitcase so other than packing gifts and clothes there isnt much :)

Thank you so much Kamla , great interacting with you!

Purnima
    (ps - Balcony is a terrace with a roof and grills :))

5. purnima_2k

purnima_2k Senior IL'ite

One more query!!!

HI,

I have been hunting for a while, a "chips frier net" (dunno the jargon used). If you have looked into Mc Donalds they use a pyramid shaped net to take out french fries. Here i have checked out in major shops - like Crate and Barrel, Kohls, Liners n things etc. They have The net that comes along with the frier, which i dont want. I would prefer a small size net. Hope i am clear in my communcation.

Any idea in this would be hugely appreciated!

Thank u so much,
    Purnima

6. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Hello Purnima..

How is your shopping for India going? Hope you got most of the things you had planned for.
    I just logged in and saw your post. What you are talking about is a part of restraunt utensil equipment I think. I have not seen anything similar for normal kitchen use. If you really want a big net basket like that to fry chips and things, then you must look for a shop that caters for the restraunts. If you are looking for something similar for use in kitchen with our normal kadai or wok frying, try to get a skimmer. That would be the next best thing and closest to what you are looking for.
    Best of Luck.
    L, Kamla

Check the link out to see what a 'skimmer' is. You can get them at chineses stores too.

http://www.amazon.com/6-diameter-Ba...sr_1_11/002-8299866-9333612?ie=UTF8&s=kitchen

7. purnima_2k

purnima_2k Senior IL'ite

oh that is of real help Kamla!

Thank you so much. Shopping is going on great! Act it looks like our trip maybe postponed by a week! So i have one more weekend to shop, to the extreme disappointment of my husband! ha ha ha. Kamla, i remember seeing in someones house(in india way long time back)the pyramid shaped frier ,small one, when i asked them , they said it was a gift for them from the US! So, they really didnt know from where those ppl got it from! But yes, what u have suggested is a great substitute! Thank you so much, pls let me know if you get any other ideas...

L,
    Purnima

8. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

dear Purnima,
    I have heard that you get oil sprayer there, very convenient while making crisp things in Microwave. I guess you might also have heard about it. You can get that also for yourself. Alos get some good unbreakable (plastic) microwave utensils, they are very costly here.

sindmani likes this.
  9. purnima_2k

purnima_2k Senior IL'ite

hi varloo!

Great suggestion oil sprayer! shall certanly loook into it.M/w vessels i already have a few back@ home, but yes! i am looking at ones here too!

Please keep sharing ur ideas varloo and thank u so very much! :)

Purni

10. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hai,
    I forgot to say, what about the ready made cake mix? They cost around Rs.300 here for 400 gm packet. You might already know, you have to add oil or butter and egg to the flour etc and the cakes turn out tobe so soft and delicious. Even you get cookie flour also. Ask Vandhana or Kamla for their use and shelf life. Happy shopping.