1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

shoe flower coffee?

Discussion in 'Nature Cure' started by nemesis, Mar 14, 2011.

1. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

Hibiscus coffee is good for heart, i have heard. It is about boiling the flower and adding sugar to taste. Anyone drinking it?
    What health benefits have you attained?

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

I drink shoe flower juice sometimes. but i am looking for the concentrate alone without the sugar added. i feel that the one available commercially is too sweet for my palette.

IF you want the concentrate check out khadi.

yes it is very good for the heart.

3. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

Got addicted to coffee early morning, have to break that.. Am now boiling the shoe flower for the coffee..<br/> I have avoided white sugar for some time after reading about it in hindu open page column.. <br/> If it tastes bad, then no other go, will let it cool and gulp it down in one go :-/

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Shoe flower steeped tea is not bad at all. i know people who eat it straight..
    When i wanted to get out of the addiction..like earlier it was 3 cups of coffee in the morning 1 in the evening..now it is just one in the morning and another in the evening very rarely.
    inbetween it has been green tea, or just hot water with a tinge of honey.

have you tried switching over to green tea. it is an acquired taste but feels good.

5. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

Gosh 3 cups!!!

Tea in the morning is not preferred. Ya green tea i drink once before my evening walk. and LOL that too i let it cool and pour it in one go, without smelling.. If i smell it it makes me to retch.

Shoe flower coffee tasted good!! Even without sugar. I can sip it happily all day.
    A natural healer once told me a concoction containing shoe flower, honey, pomegranate and lime juice. Will try to ask the procedure.