Shlokas

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by Varloo, Mar 19, 2006.

1. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hai,
    In my home, there is always a rush to find something or the other. Hubby misplaces his wallet or office keys or ID card, son misplaces reading glasses, important books or other material and search search for that. U have again and again told them to keep the things at the right place to avoid such searching sprees. I get all tensed up and then find it. The I read about this slokam in Aval Vikatan. Hanuman chanted this slokam while searching for Sita in Lanka and found her. I have chanted this slokam whenever I found it hard to find things and Hanuman had helped me in finding. I jokingly tell my family that I should have been Hanuman for I am alays searching for something or the other. I would like to share it with you all.

NAMOSTHU RAMAYA CHA LAKSHMANAYA
    DEVYAI SADASYAI JANAGATHMAJAAYAI
    NAMOSTHU RUDRENDRA YAMAA NILEBHYO
    NAMOSTHU CHANDRARKA MARUDH GANEBHYAHA

varloo

sindmani, koni, Priyathama and 7 others like this.

2. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

very useful

Dear Varloo,

This slokam and information is very useful. My husband and I are always looking for things and I have been asking people if there is any slokam for to help in this. Earlier u had written abt offering rope to Shivan kovil well for epilepsy, I told many people abt that also. It was also useful information.

I had started a thread 'Spirituality' in Kitchen and Household. Can you post more such slokams there? It is very useful for people like us who cannot get Aval Vikatan etc.

Hoping to read more from you
    best regards
    Vidya

3. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Yet another one, I chant !

Dear Vidya & Varloo,
    I have been chanting this whenever something is lost or misplaced - it helps !

Karthaveeryarjuno naama raaja baahu sahasravaan
    thasya smarana mathrena gatham nashtam cha labhyathe

கார்த்த வீ ர்யார்ஜுனோ நாம ராஜா பா(3)ஹு ஸஹஸ்ரவான்
    தஸ்ய ஸ்மரண மாத்ரேண க(3)தம் நஷ்டம் ச லப்(4)யதே

Love & regards,
    Chithra.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2007
  4. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

thanks

Dear Chitvish,
    I shall memorise this slokam also and teach both Archana and Aravindh. Archana is very forgetful and it will be a double protection for her. Thanks.
    varloo

1 person likes this.
  5. prathi

prathi Bronze IL'ite

Dear friends,

Like Mrs. Chithra said i also chant "Karthi veeryarjuna". It is said we have to chant it 12 times and we will find anything misplaced and most of the times it has worked for me!

6. Jana

Jana Senior IL'ite

dear chitra and varloo

I am very happy to see the slokams. Can you tell me what slokam to chant to get a good job and good career for my son? Thank you. I am grateful for this big help.

7. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Jana, this is the simplest one !

To achive the seemingly impossible:

Asaadhya saadhaka swaamin asaadhyam thavakim vadha:
    Raama dhootha dhayaa sindho mathkaryam saadhaya prabhu:

அஸாத்(4)ய ஸாத(4)க ஸ்வாமின் அஸாத்(4)ய, தவகிம் வத(4):
    ராம தூ(3)த த(3)யா ஸிந்தோ(4) மத்கார்யம் ஸாத(4)யப்ரபு(4):
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2007
    geevee68, Sri2196, sindmani and 3 others like this.
  8. Jana

Jana Senior IL'ite

Dear Chitra

Thank you very much for this slokam. If u have more slokams for good job, security of job- please give. I will be very grateful.

9. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

A Touching INcident on "Kartha Veeryarjuno.."

Very happy to see that Chitra has posted this slokam. Gracious ladies, I shall tell you a very touching incident that happened in my life a few months ago.
    Our office was busy as usual at about 1030 in the morning. A retired English Professor Mr.J.Vasanthan of American college resides in the apartment complex where we have our office.
    On that day Mr.Vasanthan walked into our office with a lay in tow. The lady was hardly forty and highly nervous.
    Vasanthan told me, 'Sridhar, this lady has lost her hand bag containing all her LIC policies, her original property documents, her bank passbooks and on the top of it hard cash, Rs.3000 and odd. Please tell me how and where should she complain'
    I looked at the lady. I have never seen a woman so nervous, so lost in thoughts that she could not even listen to what I told her. As a professional I know how difficult it is to retrieve the property documents. Even if you get a spare copy from the Registrar the property value will go down if you don't have the original documents. She had not even realised the extent of her loss. If you assign value to the mental agony and the hassles she had to undergo, the loss will run into lakhs.
    I just told her to lodge a police complaint and we can discuss about other things later. She almost started crying. As she was about to leave I remembered the slokam, "Kaarthaveeryaarjuno nama...."
    It was taught to me by my Mentor and Guru only two days back while we were travelling. As the lady was walking out of my office I fixed my looks on her form and chanted the sloka with all fervour. I chanted it just three times.
    When we closed the office at about 6 in the evening the lady came running to us. She told me that she had got back everything - property documents, LIC policies and even the cash. The auto driver or somebody found the bag and seeing her address and phone number they had contacted her.
    Gracious ladies, even if I had lost and found something I would not have been that happy. I chanted the sloka another three times to express my gratitude to the Great Lord who brought relief to a hapless woman.
    Ladies, praying for others is the greatest happiness in the world. Once you taste it all other pleasures in life will look quite ordinary.
    with love and affection,
    Varalotti

Last edited: Mar 22, 2006
  10. prathi

prathi Bronze IL'ite

Lets all share shlokas here in this thread so that we will have a consolidated database of all shlokas in a single thread.

Before embarking on anything new it is customary to remember lord vighneswara.

Vakrathunda Mahakaaya Koti surya samaprabha
    Nirvighnam kuru me deva sarva kaaryeshu sarvada

Chant "Om Sri Vigneswaraya Namaha" 108 times before starting on anything in life. May it be exams, work, interview, a new house, marriage.

For good education or gaining any kind of knowledge the below shloka is always powerful.

Gnaanaanandamayam devam nirmala sphatikaakruthim
    Aadhaaram sarva vidhyaanaam lakshmi hayagreevam upaasmahe

Always chant the below shloka whever you are, whatever you are doing. Make this a practice and u will find solace and peace. This is called the dwaya manthram and indicates our sharanaagathi to the Lord.

Shreemannaarayana charanau sharanam prapadye
    shreemathe naraayanaya namaha

sindmani, geevee68 and chandan5819 like this.