Shlokas - Ask your queries related to Shlokas&Pujas here!

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by lakshmi79, Sep 26, 2006.

1. safoorabi

safoorabi New IL'ite

ref. : a beautiful prayer

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Also : " That which He gives, no one can take away;
    And that which He does not provide, no one can give.
    So let us wait with a patient heart to receive what He gives. "
    -------------------------

" O God, all Powerful and Merciful, Great and Good, Kind and Just,
    how does it happen that, to some people You give everything and to
    others nothing ? " Apparently, if God wants it that way, that's the way it
    ought to be !

2. vmur

vmur Silver IL'ite

Mass rendition of Soundarya Lahari

Mass rendition of Soundarya Lahiri held
    [ 29 Jan, 2007 0007hrs ISTTIMES NEWS NETWORK ]

BANGALORE: Over 60,000 women, 100 shlokas, one raga and one voice... On a sunny Sunday afternoon, women congregated at Palace Grounds and rendered slokas from the Soundarya Lahiri, composed by Adi Sankara. The work is addressed to the Universal Mother — Adi Shakti, Vidya and Lakshmi. It was released in the presence of senior pontiffs and senior BJP leader L K Advani.

The unique aspect of the recitation was that all the women sang different poems and shlokas in the same raga. Advani described the event as unique in the spiritual history of India, as he did not think it was possible for over 60,000 people to congregate at one place and sing poetry in unison.

Advani said such mass recitation of Adi Sankara's poetry had never been held in the past and that it was an unforgettable experience. He recalled the contributions of Adi Sankara as rishi, organiser, poet and national integrationist.

"He went to different places of the country on foot and set up mutts. He took his concept of 'Advaita' out of Kerala, all the way to Kashmir.He always saw India as one country, one nation and one culture and even one spirituality."

The BJP leader lauded Adi Sankara's poems for inter-linking beauty, truth and divinity and celebrating the Mother Cult,which is one goddess but has many forms in many places across the country.

Advani said mass recitation is a symbol of collective strength and action "which alone brings self-respect". "Sankara worked for the oneness of all. He believed in one Hindu country with one heritage," he said.

"We also have to admire Sankara for weaving science into spirituality. I realised he links the three elements of knowledge, science and spirituality. One is incomplete without the other," L K Advani added.

For photographs of the rendition conducted by Vedanta Bharati foundation, please visit the following URL:

The Hindu : Karnataka / Bangalore News : Feel proud of Indian heritage: Advani

3. kb2000

kb2000 Bronze IL'ite

Sanskrit shlokas

Dear ILites,

Our favourite member Chitvish is willing to give us the Sanskrit shlokas in Tamil or English.

So i'm conducting a poll here to know whether the majority of you want it in Tamil or English

4. mohana

mohana Silver IL'ite

Re: Sanskrit shlokas

Dear KB,
    Definitely I will go for Tamil.While chanting sanskrit slokams I feel if I am doing correct pronounciation or not.It it is in Tamil no worries.
    So my vote for 'TAMIL':yes:

5. JustAni

JustAni Silver IL'ite

Dear Mohana,

Don't u think by having shlokas in English, more people will be benefit?

I am sure every person would love it if they could have it in their mother tounge. I know it is hard to figure out how to pronounce in English, but I'm sure God understands.

English is it for me!!!

Anita

6. mohana

mohana Silver IL'ite

My dear Anita,
    I totally agree with you dear,having slokas in English all of our IL friends will get benefit.
    But they are conducting poll to get everyone's opinion.So ,I gave it mine.:)
    If our friend Chitra decides to give in English,I will be surely happy.If we do some mistakes while chanting slokas,God will be understand definitely my dear.

7. JustAni

JustAni Silver IL'ite

Shloka for Anger Management!!!

A big hi to all of you!!!

Do you have an "mantra" or "shloka" for controlling your temper?

It'll be a big help.

Thanks

Anita:cry:

8. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Re: Anger Management!!!

I have only one mantra.

Whenever I think I am losing my temper,I just count backwards from 10 to 1.If that doesn't help,I keep repeating it,till it helps.

9. Aarti

Aarti New IL'ite

Dear Mohana,

since i do not speak tamil (understand just a bit), wld prefer all shlokas in english. i was checking the thread on s.lahiri, which Chitraji has given in tamil font. cldnt understand anything. although want to leanr it, language seems to be the problem.

Regards,
    Aarti

10. JustAni

JustAni Silver IL'ite

Bhagwat Gita!

Hi to all of you!

There was 4 shlokas which , I was told by someone , was equal to reading the full "Bhagwat Gita". I hadn't got an oppurtunity to ask her to write it down for me.

If anyone of you are aware of this, could you kindly forward it to me.

Thanks,

Anita