Shirdi Saibaba temple Roopen Agrahara, Bangalore :: Sivamma Thayee (1891 - 1996)

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by Saisakthi, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

OM SAI SRI SAI JAI JAI SAI

Bow
    14072012630[1].jpg

SIVAMMA THAYEE (RAJAMMA) as named by Guru Sayee during her visit to SHIRDI, was born in Coimbatore, Tamilnadu in May 1891 and lived for 105 years till 1996. She is eldest of the four siblings in her family.

She had mentioned during her life time, that at the age of 13 (1904) Baba had visited a town named Pollachi and that she had met BABA for the first time in TamilNadu along with the entire crowd of villagers from in and around the town, (actually it is known to us that BABA never moved out of Shridi) and he even wrote and gave her Gayathri Mantra in Tamil in a piece of paper to recite.

SIVAMMA THAYEE was already married and had a one year old son and was blessed by Baba in that whole crowd, Later she had the urged to visit Shirdi when her husband said if the old ox which is unsold for quite some time sells within a stipulated time, then I believe in your Guru Sayee and take you to Shirdi, It is needless to say that the OX was bought for Rs55/- in the next three days and their family went to Shirdi in early 1900s

While they were in Shirdi her husband was placed in a Job in Bangalore and thus the family moved and settled in Bangalore. Shivamma Thayee was engrossed into the Spiritual walk of life, hence her husband remarried and she along with her son visited Baba a few times in Shirdi and settled back in Bangalore as per Baba's guidance and it is learnt to understand she did penance for twelve long years and lived upto 105 years of age.

The above is a portion of what I heard, I am sure many from Karnataka would have been blessed to visit this temple in Roopen Agrahara (Near the Silk Board) We (me and Dh) were really engrossed in the Black Idol of Baba looking so bright amongst the light and decorations. The above idol with the posture of begging bowl is also seen in the adjacent building.

Another Darshan::Black Idol

It would be indeed an great blessing for each one of us to visit this temple seek blessings from Guru Sayee and also Sivamma Thayee when opportunity exists.

Thanks to Savvyheal Sister for this initiation, without her inputs I may not have known this temple. Thanks to Sayee for countless blessings at that temple.

Sairam

NGR LAYOUT, ROOPEN AGRAHARA,
    Near SILK BOARD flyover,
    Madiwala Post.

12 people like this.

2. itsmebhagi

itsmebhagi IL Hall of Fame

:cheers Truly Awesome, Thanks for Sharing!! :thankyou2:

Sairam

3. rajinitk4

rajinitk4 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for Sharing Sai sakthi sister.

4. meenueash

meenueash Platinum IL'ite

Blessed to read this post......thanks for sharing

5. bhucat

bhucat Platinum IL'ite

Great Darshan sister, Thanks for sharing this wonderful info, thanks for mentioning the address too whenever i get the chance to visit Bangalore will definitely go to the temple.

Even my FIL have told about Sri Narasimma swamigal, who at those days gathered people in Trichy and conducted group bhajans for which my FIL (during his childhood) had helped in spreading those info to each and every houses in their area.

At first i thought that my FIL does not have belief in Baba but after this info i was very happy that he too engaged in temple progress at his childhood days, also happy to hear that Baba has entered in oiur family long long ago....:)

Nice to hear these true events and thanks for photos too...

Even i would like to invite you to my place where you can find a beautiful black baba blessing with his two hands....whenever you come to my place pls let me inform will go there.....:)

2 people like this.
  6. Saisakthi

@sravanitenali,

@rajinitk4,

@meenueash,

@luckwaves,

@vidyashankari,

@itsmebhagi,

@mathira,

@LuvLadoo35

:thankyou2: for sparing your valuable time to read and cherish, Sairam

7. Saisakthi

Dear Itsmebhagi Sister,

Thanks for dropping by and I am sure you would get to witness the temple surely very soon.

May Baba guide us always, Sairam

8. Saisakthi

Dear Rajinitk4 sister,

Hope you enjoyed reading, as much as I did while visiting the temple, May Baba fulfill your wishes soon.

Thanks, Sairam

9. Saisakthi

You are absolutely TRUE!!! Meenueash Sister Everyone doesn't get to visit or hear unless they are BLESSED, so you are,

May Baba fulfill your wishes come TRUE, Sairam

10. Saisakthi

Dear Bhucat Sister,

Sairam, Hope your friends family visited Shirdi and so is your thoughts you would be surely Blessed to visit the temple.

Is this the same Swamigal from Mylapore Sai temple you are mentioning about...

Glad to know that your family is associated with BABA from many years, It is indeed a Blessing for your family

Thanks for the invite, will surely get in touch with you and seek blessings from Black Idol baba near your home, Hope he calls us soon together. Sairam

2 people like this.