shipping companies to move luggage from London to India

Discussion in 'Indians in the UK' started by sangeethad, Jan 15, 2012.

1. sangeethad

sangeethad New IL'ite

Hi, I am new to IL. I have been living in London for the past eight years and will be relocating to India (Hyderabad) in couple of months. if you are aware of any shipping companies to move luggage from London to Hyderabad, Please let me know. I found some by searching in google, but would like to know if you are aware of any company people used it before and satisfied with the service.

2. Sindhurao

Sindhurao Gold IL'ite

Hi Sangeetha:

Welcome to Indusladies! Hope you have wonderful time here!

While relocating from the UK we made use of Delahaye Moving services. We were very happy with the way the packers handled our belongings. Everything was well handled and packed.

Sindhu

3. sangeethad

sangeethad New IL'ite

Thanks for the quick response. I looked at their website (Delahaye Moving). there isn't much info about prices etc (will call them up tomorrow). was your shipping done by flight or ship? how much did it cost? could you please share more details if you don't mind?

I found some shipping companies by searching and they are charging around £1.25 per kg (cheapest I found so far). looking at their websites, they seem to be in the business for quite sometime, but not sure if I can trust them. that's the reason for posting here to get some recommendations.

4. mum2012

mum2012 New IL'ite

Hi
    Good luck with your preparations.
    I am also new to IL. We are also planning to move to Chennai after 15 yrs of being in UK. Has be a sudden decision for us so dont know where to start...though net would be good an lo and behold i am here !!
    I have a 10yr old and worried about schools...do u have children and if so how did you choose the school ur child will go to.
    Hope it all goes well for u

5. teacher

teacher Platinum IL'ite

HI,
    we used Allied and their UK counterpart Pickfords...good service and very reliable.