1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Shimmering Lotion

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by Magee, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Magee

Magee Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi Friends!

Can you please let me know about the Shimmering lotion.
    I saw Lakme shimmering lotion, is it worth to buy?
    Anyone using it?
    Anyother brand you recommend?
    how to use it, shall we use it after applying compact?:hide:

2. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

Magee,

shimmering lotion is not used after compact. It is used before the compact. First apply concealer if you like then shimmering foundation and then i am not sure about compact.. but compact is used after foundation this i am sure. I didnt use shimmering foundation personally. This year we went to parlour to get ready for my sister's marriage, then she used shimmering foundation after conceler.. but i dont remember whether she used compact or not.. In general way i use concelaer then foundation then compact. Hope you will get good response soon.

1 person likes this.
  3. Magee

Hi Padma,

Thanks for your input...

4. eandian

eandian IL Hall of Fame

Are you asking about the shimmering body lotion from lakme???? If yes, the packet is big and the bottle inside is microscopic. So check if it is value for money. Even Nivea has a similar one.

Or are you asking about face highlighter?

5. christine014

christine014 Gold IL'ite

Hi Magee,
    If you want to buy a shimmering base or highlighter, I'd say go for The Body Shop Shimmer Waves. This is a pallete containing 5 shimmering earthen colors ranging from beige to bronze and you can use it as a highlighter in your cheek bones, similar to blush or you can use it as an eye shadow or to enhance your brow bone. It's quite good for contouring and it suits any skin tone. I have a dark olive skin tone but the shades never look over the top on me. If you want to specifically buy a lotion, I don't think it would be great because shimmers in a lotion/creme look weighed down and heavy. Tell me what you got. Happy shopping!

1 person likes this.
  6. christine014

christine014 Gold IL'ite

Also, just like Padma suggested, you apply concealor(under eyes, around the mouth, crows feet), and then foundation if you need it( preferably mineral powdered foundation, liquid is too heavy and clogs pores) and then you apply highlighter/shimmer on your best features(cheek bones, brow bone) and then you set it with a bit of translucent powder. Also, when you are using shimmer on the face, keep lip color simple nude or light peach and only kajal on the water line will be sufficient.

1 person likes this.
  7. Magee

Hi Eandian,

Hope Lakme Shimmering lotion is for both face & body, however i am looking for shimmering lotion or highlighter for face only.

Thanks for the info dear.

8. Magee

Hi Christi,

Actually i am looking for some lotion or cream to get glow in face, not a glittery :) hope Will try and tell you.
    Do you know the cost for Body Shop Shimmer Waves & whete can i get in chennai?

9. Magee

Hi Thanks for the suggestion dear, usually i don't use liquid foundation as my skin are prone to breakouts :)

10. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

hi Christine,
    Which translucent powder do you use.. can you suggest some better translucent powder.