Shifting to Dubai from Bahrain

Discussion in 'Housing in Dubai' started by aastha1986, Oct 7, 2012.

1. aastha1986

aastha1986 New IL'ite

Hey everyone,
    I am new to IL and will be new to Dubai as well. This is my first post here..hope to get ur advises n suggestions.

I will be having my first baby in Dec end. My husband will shift in November and I plan to go back to Delhi (thats our hometown back in India) for delivery. So I ll join him in Jan/Feb next year.

We wanted to know which place is advisable to shift into..we would prefer a park in vicinity.. Indian establishment..preferably near metro and DIFC (we dont have a car and my husbands' office is near DIFC)..I dont know what more to look for..
    what I ll need wid the child is something I am totally unaware of..so probably experienced ladies could help me with that.. :)

How easy/difficult is it to get domestic help? what r the approx charges?

We are looking for 1 BHK in the range of 45-50k (thts an approx)

Hope to get ur help!!

Thanks.. :)

Last edited: Oct 7, 2012

2. sitharaj

sitharaj Gold IL'ite

hey aastha...

i think i know you from another website? or maybe it is someone with a similar query

well lets take it from the scratch anyways.

congrats on your pregnancy; with regards to shifting to dubai. i think a good option for you with your budget and expectations- bur dubai and karama are good options (you have good indian community around, groceries, malls, hotels, metro, hospitals)

as such with a baby what you might be looking for is a good pead.

you will get domestic hel[ easily- either thru agency or thru recommendation, esp in bur dubai and karama area.

as such you wudnt have any difficulty setting up your home here, dubai is very expat friendly.

3. aastha1986

aastha1986 New IL'ite

Hey Sithara,

Thanks for your reply!

Ya we do know each other.. :) Karama, Barsha, n Bur Dubai are the shortlisted areas..but I was not sure if there are parks near by..I was reading reviews about these places..and most said tht these areas were crowded..I did read abt Karama park..can one walk down till there?
    I would want to go for evening walks (thts if possible with the baby..dont know)..and will it be safe to stay alone coz my husband will be out on tours often??

4. sitharaj

sitharaj Gold IL'ite

hmm yes. karama and bur dubai are crowded areas but has a lot of indian life in there. bur dubai you have places to walk but not the park sorts of community based living.

if you are looking into something like that- try discovery gardens (thats where i live), the greens and such...

attaching a pic of discovery gardens..

äÊíÌÉ ÈÍË Google Úä ÇáÕæÑ Íæá http://www.sandcastles-property.com/uaedb/properties/building11711.jpg

a set of buildings has its own park- and each street has a kids play area and pool (though not functional yet)

my baby loves it when i take her down for walks- but sadly we have to shift

5. aastha1986

aastha1986 New IL'ite

Hmmm...thats what made me question living in Karama a bit..n thats exactly why earlier we were thinking about Discovery garden..and then about the Greens..
    Havent got any response regarding the Greens, so still dont know..

I guess we cant get everything we want..just hoping to be able to pin down on the most likely area..

Are you certain about your shift? Speak to the agent..he might consider something feasible..

6. Shivani2009

Shivani2009 Moderator Staff Member Gold IL'ite

Hi aastha

You may consider looking at Business Bay as well !! 2 Bhk was arnd 80- 85 k , I presume you should be able to get 1 bhk within your budget ! This will give access to Metro , but Park in the Vicinity may be an issue !
    Bur Dubai shud be good option , You can look at apptts behind Burjuman ,should fall in ur budget , will be nearer to the metro , with everything within reach !

Do revert should you need any other info !

7. aastha1986

aastha1986 New IL'ite

Hi Shivani,

Thank you so much for your reply.
    Do you have any idea about how 'The Greens' is? I saw few pictures on the net and considering that the rentals for Karama/ Bur Dubai/ The Greens are the same, I do plan to give it a thought.
    can you help me with this? Pros n cons of the two places..thats Karama vs The Greens..

I do look forward to your reply..

Thank you once again.. :)

8. ginco

ginco New IL'ite

hi all .. looking for frnds in dubai

9. Shivani2009

Hi Ginco
    Stay active on IL with regular participation , soon you'll find good frnds here !

10. Shivani2009

Hi aas tha
    Sorry to have not responded to your query ! Missed this one out ! Wondering where have you shifted n is everything in place ?
    Wish you a pleasant stay in dubai
    Cheers