1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

She!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Rajeni, Mar 8, 2017.

Tags:
  1. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
    Rajeni likes this.
  2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@Rajeni such a lovely laudation or commiseration about your mom. And as a mom to be appreciated and acknowledged by your kids is biggest honor according to me. I am sure your mom, is going to smile and say "appdi enna pannitaen"( what did i do) it is the invisible steel of strength and patience that needs to be the takeaway from here. So true moms can not only role models to girl child but also to boys. In the sense the way a mom raises her son speaks a lot.

As a mom of two adult kids i am happy seeing this post. Have had the same adulation showered on me by my son in a speech for a competition at his school and the whole class and the parents through the kids keep track of me and ask about my wefare. And my daughter recently sent me a message thank you for raising me to be the way i am.(when it comes to our kids modesty goes out the window and brag mode sets in. Sorry)

I smile, i just have been a mother in the way i could be, and if they feel so it is a joint team effort.

Convey my regards and appreciation to your mother.

however your life has been as a kid, as an adult the perspective change once your child is born. The moment the baby is born, a mother is born with a added responsibility of bringing up the baby in the right way. There is no manual. We learn together. So we evolve as a person during the same phase. My son taught me patience and patience and trying to think out of the box. My daughter taught me how good a mother daughter relation can be. I see glimpses what it could have been sometimes.

Wonderful post and salut to such women.

3. sangeethakripa

sangeethakripa Gold IL'ite

@Rajeni.. Hats off to your mom.. reading your snippet brought tears in my eyes. blessed you.
    My prayers are for your mom and you.
    Thanks for posting.

Rajeni and joylokhi like this.
  4. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

What an apt and beautiful dedication to your mom @Rajeni .
    I am sure you are (if not already) going to be just as strong and just as wonderful towards your children.

5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Congrats for being nominated by many. Your narration is awesome . Your mother is a great lady. From younger days she has had so many responsbilities. Glad toknow she was a favourite and loving daughter. More than enjoying herself whole life she has dedicated toher family by taking responsbility of taking care of her sister's kids by which she could lessen the burden of her mother. Can understand how much she must have suffered when she could not conceive, glad you were born toher and brought you up teaching everything and today she must be proud of you.

Reading your post brought mememories of my grand mother who brought us up . My mother was her only daughter so she stayed with us and took good care of all of us and do whatever we want. My mother was like our elder sister and we used to call our grand mother periamma and my mother chinnamma. Both will get up at 5 a.m and finish all their work by 7 a.m. She did not know Hindi but when we were young she used to buy vegetables talkng in hindi only. When we were in Hyderabad she used to go alone to places and manage well. For my sister's marriage she bought all the steel vessels except some by giving old clothes. Those days rice had to be cleaned and for marriage she cleaned all the rice. She prayed to Lord Vinayaka that she would make 1001 kozhakattai for the marriage to go on well without any problems. She wont shout at us but wont talk to us if we make any mistake. I knew how to makeher anger less. She used to fulfill all my desires. My brother used tolike Rice sevai very much and most of the time she used tomake sevai that too in sevai nazhi. Now a days readymade sevai has come. They did not hav emuch facilities like how we have but they used to do with pleasure.

Before my marriage she had cancer and she told me you will get a good husband , my asirvadhams to you. I wont be there to make kozhakattai . so you pray yourself and God will be with you. With her blessings I got gem of ahusband and that too from her place. She used to tell us so much about our native place but that time did not know that I will be married to a person from that place.

Thanks for bringing sweet memories of my grandmother

Sachini and Rajeni like this.
  6. deepthyanoop

deepthyanoop Gold IL'ite

Really beautiful snippet.... Thanks Rajeni for posting this...

Rajeni likes this.
  7. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

My dear Rajeni,

These lines brought tears into my eyes. It shows how sacrifice is embedded into her heart from her birth. I had a long conversation with my son only last week about the value of sacrifice and how it shapes the character of a person. I always visualize sacrifices in life like an offering in to the Yaga of life and sanctifies the actions.

This is why I always feel girl children study the environment better and make invaluable contribution to the family voluntarily without being asked. This kind of heart and understanding of the limit of financial resources is rare to see nowadays. She might have lost an invaluable higher education but gained appreciable character that created permanent encryption to stay blessed by the Lord. It looks like sacrifice is imbibed in her heart by nature which means she listens to her divine consciousness instead of her mind.

Her heart is filled with love and sacrifice and she values them more than her own personal desires and attachments. Your mother with such value in grahastha life can be considered better than a Yogi who renounces everything for the forest. She truly practiced heart in the society and head in the forest principle.

My favorite quote from Bhagavan Sathya Sai Baba I share here:

"When A Devotee Seeks With Humility And Purity To Give Service And Love To My Creatures Who Are In Need Of Such Selfless Service, As His Beloved Brothers & Sisters, As The Blessed Manifestation Of God's Immanence, Then In Fulfillment Of His Role, God Descends To Help, Accompany, And Carry Such Yogi. He is Always Near Such Yogi To Guide Him And To Shower His Love On His/Her Life."

The habits die hard and she always practiced living for others. She has not changed one bit in her entire life. This decision of hers doesn't surprise me at all. Her life is a great message for you and your future generation.

I bow before your mother with reverence and such souls are role models for the entire society. You are very blessed to be around and learn from her life.

Viswa

8. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Wonderful narration!A moving tale of reality!
    Jayasala 42

Rajeni likes this.
  9. Rajeni

Rajeni Moderator Platinum IL'ite

Thanks a lot dear Sritham! I am glad to receive your feedback. A very happy women's day to you too!

10. Rajeni

Rajeni Moderator Platinum IL'ite

Very true dear Sachini! Most of the women of that generation have sacrificed their life for their families. And as I said, as we evolve, the challenges too evolve much stronger, but we have it in our genes to face those with our heads held high! Thanks a lot for you lovely feedback!

Sachini likes this.