1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

She - Final Episode!

Discussion in 'SHE - Serial Story' started by varalotti, Aug 22, 2007.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

thanks a lot, SM for the time spent in reading this story. This was something I loved to write. I wrote an abridged version of this novel in Tamil. And the lady who spoke at the book-release ceremony told me that it was my best work.
    thanks once again,
    sridhar

2. anu1975

anu1975 New IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,

Shalini was a personification of several women's pain, experiments and journey in the quest of love, happiness and identity. You have so delicately wrapped so many stories into one. You have portrayed woman in so many forms, most of them through Shalini and a few more through other characters like her mother, Sumathi, Latha, Nandini and Vijaya and finally Aparna and the 'the grass is greener on the other side' discussion was really very good.

My eyes welled up with tears several times as I read the story. Your understanding of a woman is quite commendable. Specially emotional starvation, that a woman like Shalini faces is beyond the comprehension of even a woman at times. And Shalini, who has always craved for love and care from others has finally found solace in giving it. Now she has really become independent in true sense. She was always independent financially and free physically but finally she has found emotional freedom.

Thanks a lot for such a sensible story.

My warmest regards,
    Anu

3. varalotti

Dear Anu,
    that's a fb every writer longs for. That's the only reward for spending all my spare time in writing. Many of my friends ask me whether I have made enough money by writing. I just mumble not much but reasonable. But the truth is that the money that comes from writing is not even enough to pay the postage (in those days I used to post my stories to Vikatan, Kumudam and Womans Era).
    But in a way I am very richly rewarded for my writing. The fb that comes from a sensitive reader like you means the whole world to me.
    And Anu now that you have finished this serial you may start reading my latest serial The Lovers Park in IL.
    Here's the link for the blog category. You may start from episode 1
    IndusLadies - THE LOVERS PARK - Blogs
    love,
    sridhar

1 person likes this.
  4. anu1975

anu1975 New IL'ite

Oh Sridhar! That was such a gratifying reply. Though the title Lovers park doesn't excite me, having read your stories before, I cannot judge the story by it's title :). I am too eager to read your new serial. Hopefully, I can take part in the live discussions this time.

5. gayuharini

gayuharini Bronze IL'ite

Sridhar sir,

I happened to read this serial only very recently. the initial episodes provided some thoughts on how to decide on each situation , shalini 's search for identity. Almost all women will agree to what shalini is in search of "her identity"Loved the characterisation of Shiva. and wished i can take bold decisions like Shalini

As i progressed reading the episodes i had a thought " what is sri sir updo what is he trying to convey us, is he justifying living in sin and its kind.... "
    Though Shiva's character died in initial episode. he is live throught the serial as a guide through shalini's memory. Dr shylander 's character is like a turning point.
    Only thing is most of us including both Men & women will not have the courage to take the bold decisions similar to shalini.
    And the final episode beyond words to express.Never expected such a wonderfull ending . Understood your msg delivered " Key to happiness and satisfaction is to love without expectation or like u usually say Love personified"
    Loved these beautiful lines in the final episide
    “The only way to get out of a class is to study well, pass the exams and go to the next class. I just ran out my class and so was forced to study in the same class in a lot of other schools.”
    “A woman is not complete until she becomes a mother.”A mother's love is always without any expectation.

I can feel a transformation happening inside me in seeing things with a tinge of love , trying to look at the positive side of every situation these days.
    Thanks a lot for such wonderful works.
    Regards
    Gayathri

6. varalotti

Dear Gayathri,

thanks a lot for giving so much time for my writings. and thanks a lot for that glowing fb which is sure to lift my moods whenever I read it.
    You know today a character in the Lovers Park called. Yes, he is Kasirajan. (not his real name) Most of the incidents I have told in the serial about Kasi is true. He told me that he loved my dialogues especially those I put in his mouth and that of Malathi. He has now invited me to Eco Park next sunday to meet all the walking friends. And now I have your fb praising me for the dialogues. As you might have read my latest Gokulashtami blog, I had not planned these words for the final episode. In fact I had not even planned this ending for the story. I was in a great fix as to how to end the story. And finally when the due date was hours away I started writing the final episode.
    Next when you have time you should read my serial HE as well. That's on a different setting.
    I am really happy, Gayathri, that I could disturb a reader, and that too a discerning suave reader like you.
    You made my day,
    regards,
    sridhar

7. devapriya

devapriya IL Hall of Fame

ஸ்ரீ,

இன்று தான் இந்த கதையைப் படித்து முடித்தேன்! சில சந்தர்ப்பங்களில் யாராயிருந்தாலும் தெளிவான தைரியமான முடிவு எடுக்க வேண்டிய அவசியம் ஏற்படுகிறது. அந்த சூழ்நிலையை அவர்கள் எவ்வாறு சமாளிக்கிறார்கள் என்பதைப் பொறுத்து தான் அவர்களின் இன்றைய நிம்மதியும் பின்னாளின் மகிழ்ச்சியும் இருக்கும்! அந்த விதத்தில் ஷாலினியும் அவளின் முடிவுகளும் அருமை!! :thumbsup

இந்தக் கதையைப் படித்தேன் என்பதை விட கதையோடு ஒன்றி போய் அதில் வாழ்ந்தேன் என்று தான் சொல்ல வேண்டும்! பொதுவாக உங்கள் கதைகளைப் படித்து பின்னூட்டம் தருவதற்கு எனக்கு கொஞ்சம் பயம் தான்.நன்றாக இருக்கிறது என்பதை தவிர எனக்கு வேறு வார்த்தைகள் கிடையாது பாராட்ட! உங்கள் கதைக்கு அந்த பாராட்டு.....யானை பசிக்கு சோளப்பொறி தான்! :)

8. varalotti

தேவப்ரியா,
    நீங்கள் கொடுத்த விமர்சனத்தை விட என்னை அதிகம் ஈர்த்தது உங்கள் கையெழுத்தில் பதுங்கிக் கொண்டிருக்கும் பொன்மொழி. முள்ளென்று நினைத்தால் முள் மலரென்று நினைத்தால் மலர். அதை நான் என் கதைக்கும் சொல்லிக் கொள்ளலாம் என்று தான் தோன்றுகிறது. இந்தக் கதை இந்த வலைதளத்தில் மலர்ந்த போது பலர் என்னைச் சாடினார்கள். ஒரு மகானுபாவன் 'ஒழுக்கம் இல்லாமல் வாழ நான் ஒன்றும் வரலொட்டியின் நாயகி இல்லையே' என்று கவிதை எழுதி என்னைக் காயப்படுத்தினார்.
    ஷாலினியின் ஒழுக்கம் உச்ச வகையைச் சேர்ந்தது. ரிஷியை மணந்து கொண்ட படிக்காத கிராமத்துப் பெண் சோரம் போகவில்லை என்பது உண்மைதான். ஆனால் தன் கணவனுக்கு உயிர்க் கொல்லி நோய் இருக்கிறது என்று தெரிந்தவுடன் அவனை விட்டு ஓடிவிட்டாளே! அது மோசமான ஒழுக்கக்கேடு அல்லவா.
    அது சரி இவ்வள்வு அழகாக, மென்மையாக எழுதும் வல்லமை பெற்ற நீங்கள் பின்னூட்டம் தர ஏன் அஞ்ச வேண்டும் தேவி?
    என் எழுத்திற்காக தாங்கள் செலவழித்த நேரத்திற்காக நான் தங்களுக்குக் கடன்பட்டுள்ளேன்.
    என்றும் அன்புடன்
    ஸ்ரீ

9. EverHappy

EverHappy Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sridhar Sir,

I am a frequent silent reader in the non-fiction forum, and today as I had some spare time I indulged myself in SHE. And I must say, that some spare time extended into full time. I just could not stop reading it.

I must say, you have expressed the thoughts of a woman's mind may be even better than a woman herself could structure it. I'm sure every woman in any stage of her life would identify herself with at least one bit of Shalini. Of course yes, this story makes my feeling stronger, feeling that any man/woman/child/animal is only complete when engulfed with love.

This story has created many ripples of thoughts in my mind.. May be I need sometime to structure them before I even write anymore..
    But, wanted to drop in to say, thanks for writing such a story with depths of an ocean.

Regards,

10. varalotti

Dear everhappy,
    thanks for spending the time in my story. This story, SHE, disturbed me a lot. Agreed, I had almost specialized in women-centric subjects. Even then to go deep into the heart of a woman and find her feelings, was a tough brief.
    I translated the story in to Tamil and a pocket novel firm published. The editor, a lady, called me and was talking with me for an hour. 'If I had not seen you in person I would have sworn that you are a woman.' She even held a contest for her readers to spot out a few 'diamond lines' in the story. The lines that won the prize were to the effect, 'even the holiest of mothers has to live within a woman's body.'
    If this story disturbed you it only shows that you still have the flame intact within you. Life is about making choices. And it is never too late to make or change them.
    May your life reflect the name you have chosen for this site. 'ever happy'
    regards,
    sridhar

1 person likes this.