1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

She - Final Episode!

Discussion in 'SHE - Serial Story' started by varalotti, Aug 22, 2007.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Sugi,

I am really happy to be responding to a Madurai girl. Welcome to this forum

thanks for the compliments. In this work of fiction I just wanted to demonstrate the real worth of a woman especially if she had gone through so many challenges and problems. This is also coming out as a full fledged Tamil Novel in May 2010.

regards,
    sridhar

2. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

What a wonderful narration. I love this woman. Simple superb sir. I felt like I was reading a sidney sheldon novel the way you have developed that character. Awesome sir!!
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

3. nityakalyani

nityakalyani Gold IL'ite

4. varalotti

Thanks a lot, Iswarya. I condensed this novel and wrote it in Tamil It was published by Mahalir Arasu as Thedal Thodangiyathe.
    thanks for the nice words.
    sridhar

5. varalotti

6. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sir,

What a fantastic depiction of an extraordinary women!! For two days, i haven't even visited the blogs to check the recent entries, I was sooo absorbed in SHE, that i logged into IL whenever i got even a 5-minute break just to read it.

Wonderful sir... though i might not approve of some of her choices, i still love Shal for who she is!! WHAT A CHARACTER!!

Loved each and every episode:)

7. varalotti

Dear Akila,
    This was one novel I loved to write. This is my dedication to the Indian woman. I want her to be fiercely independent in her choices and at the same time be compassionate.
    I wrote this as a Tamil novel under the heading Thedal Thodangiyathe. A writer friend of mine who spoke in my book release function said that she was never disturbed so much as she was by Shalini.
    Thanks Akila for your time.
    Your comments mean a lot to me,
    sridhar

8. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sridhar Sir,

Just finished reading the whole story of Shalini. Like Akila, I too couldn't appreciate some of the choices that Shalini made, but then again, I felt that she had her own reasons and justifications to make them and I respected her even more for that.

Nevertheless, there is one small matter which has been bugging me from the moment I read your story. When you started the story, you gave a wonderful description of Rishi- how he was reminiscing Shalini's comments about the water tap; how he was seen teasing Shalini with the alarm; the small arguments he had with her about sleeping time etc. The whole paragraph gave me a vision about the loving husband in Rishi and how he relents to his wife's lifestyle without much complains.

But the moment the second paragraph comes into the picture, the husband in Rishi is buried away and what we see thereafter is the obedient Rama-like son in him or what Shalini termed as the "obedient soldier". And throughout the story, I kept looking for the loving Rishi that I chanced upon in the first paragraph but I end up seeing only a husband who was reluctant and almost distant to his wife. Why was the sudden turn of hearts towards Rishi?

I'm not arguing that Rishi should be given a stronger role to play. Nevertheless, Iwas just wondering why he was reduced to a lesser character when he was given such prominent introduction in the first place?

9. varalotti

Hi Sofea,
    thanks for the time invested in reading this novel. This story was written when I was in a very troubled mood. When things were not that all right.
    At the same time I wanted to go deep into the mind of a woman, of the choices she makes and the life she chooses for herself.

An abridged version of the English novel came out in tamil as well. Naturally many well-meaning women called me up to shout about my obscene writing bordering on perversion. But my writer friends simply love this novel.

To be honest I did not vacillate on Rishi's character. That was only an attempt at a complex characterization. As of now we have only good and bad husbands. Good husbands are sweet and chummy, take care of every whim of their wives, love their wives, spend all their spare time with their wives, monotonously faithful... and so on. Bad hubbies smoke, drink, have an affair, hurt their wives with cigarette butts, beat their wives...
    Rishi is somewhere in between. Neither white nor black. If Shalini had run away from a wife-beater or a murderer it would not have been a big deal. Today even the average woman does that. To recognise the worthlessness of a marriage while having somebody like Rishi as her husband, well, that requires somebody of Shalini's stature.

have I confused you Sofia? thanks once again for the time given.
    sridhar

10. SuccessMinded

SuccessMinded Gold IL'ite

Wowowowowow! what an ending!
    Hats of to you srishar sir! I really enjoyed the ending... thanks for your narration and imaginations!