1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

SHE - Episode 6

Discussion in 'SHE - Serial Story' started by varalotti, May 31, 2007.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Chitra,

Thanks for your post, perhaps the only one, which demands why Shalini did not ask for divorce earlier, while all theothers are mad at me, that Shalini is speaking the D word now.

A bit of explanation on the "idikkarathe" part. Chitra, having worked with numbers all my life, one thing I am sure of is that life does not follow a linear path and is not subject to any of the laws which govern mathematics.

Shiva might have asked several times about Shalini's married life. She might have said, 'Yes, it's good. Okay. Not a problem.' etc. Till her frustration is at the peak, she would have spoken diplomatically and Shiva might not have wanted to probe it any further.

But on the fateful day Shalini was not in her moods. She is vexed by her married life and the arguments she had had with her husband that morning. She feels the maximum suffocation on that day and when out of the blue Shiva asks about her marriage, she bursts out, 'It sucks, Pa.' and then goes on to explain her problems.

Thats what many ladies do. They always hide their minor disappointments in their marriage because they do not want to upset their parents. Only when things go out of control they burst out. Same is the case with my heroine.

Idikkaratha sari pannitena?

regards,

1 person likes this.
  2. varalotti

Dear Gayathri,
    I am happy that you liked the episode, Gayathri. Though Shiva is dead his words would live on and in the future episodes you will hear his views on many things in life. So for our purpose he lives on.
    May be Rishi has a hidden agenda. He does not bother about money. But my guess is that the Captain might have told him to take care of his wife. The Captain would have inferred that the marriage is not all right. He might not want anything messy happening and hence might have requested Rishi to be more loving. Rishi, poor soul, even confesses that to his wife.
    Shalini is planning to go out in search of her identity. But Rishi, as of now, does not have an identity of his own. He is his father's shadow.

Let's see what Shalini is upto in the next two episodes.

"Extremely glad to see your picture and what an accomplished man you are...! "

Thanks a lot for these kind words.

regards,

3. mythili

mythili Senior IL'ite

Dear dear,
    You do somewhat match the image from my dream.. really!
    Your wife better not read these posts or she is going to be so jealous! :tongue

Read through all those ranks and gold medals in your profile, just had one word - "WOW!!!".
    Sir, you are really a great personality. You are so highly intelligent, capable, knowledgeable and powerful, yet you act so humble, tender and down to earth. Your words are the kindest and full of wisdom on whatever topic it is.

I feel so privilleged in knowing you, and for having the ability to communicate to you through this forum. (and for dreaming about you ofcourse!)

Dear Kamla, Thanks for posting the profile and the picture and making my dream partially come through.

Love,
    Mythili

4. chitrajan

chitrajan Bronze IL'ite

Dear Jr. Sri.,

Thanks for your reply.

As you are telling others, maybe I am getting too involved with her. Let me stand aside and look at Shalini as an inidividual entity from now on.

I have been following up some of the old threads and your interactions and have been catching up on your older stories. I liked "The Weaker Sex(?)" and "The Teddy Bear" . The second one was excellent. You capture the human emotions in its true element and we get involved with the character.

I am also very impressed with your academic excellence and am deeply honoured to be interacting with you.

Thank you, Sir, with all my heart.

5. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello

like the kamala story i told before
    two tablets out
    or rather two characters out

somehow
    we indians have an
    inferiority complex
    and aping the west
    is also one of them
    (my opinion)
    we take to jeans
    we take to fast foods
    we even take to hairstyles
    minus bindis
    everything to do away
    with indian ness
    (no harm in dress
    eating is your choice
    hairstyles too)
    but...
    when they have exhausted
    the different rides
    they turn to india...

recently the trend
    in india
    is more and more
    married couples
    opting for divorce..

padathai paarthu
    katrukolbavargal eraalam
    padithumthaan
    kathaiyinin divorce ketta
    puthumai pen saathikka '
    ninaippathenna?

sathya

6. varalotti

Dear Mythili,

I am really happy that I was able to match your dreamy image of myself. Minutes after reading your post on your dream I told that to my wife. She only had a wow in answer.

I would like to make a confession to you. First I sent the profile which I wrote here in Who Am I, some two years back. In fact when I want to go as a writer I give only that profile. But Muse India insisted on a proper CV and I had to give my professional cv much against my wishes. I use that CV only when I am about to handle professional assignments. I still feel that in a community of friends like IL, such a cv makes me out of place.

My request to you and all who are in IL is that after reading that Muse India Profile please read the profile in Who Am I section of this site.

I expect all your words of praise as your blessings for my growth in such a way that one day I may hope to deserve them all.

But honestly Mythili, if you had read that story in Muse India, you would have toned down your post. ha ha ha.
    Love,
    sridhar

1 person likes this.
  7. varalotti

அன்புள்ள சத்யா,
    படித்திருந்தும் அறிந்த்திருந்தும்
    பாவை அவள் கேட்டாள்
    விவாகரத்து
    காரணம் அறிய
    காத்திருக்கலாம்
    இல்லை
    பழைய அத்தியாயங்களைப்
    புரட்டிப் பார்க்கலாம்

ஸ்ரீதர்

1 person likes this.
  8. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,

I did read this episode long back....but went into mourning for a kind soul like Shiva!:cry: Well looks like all good men like Shiva have short lives....even in stories...:evil: ....he he he!
    But now that Shalini has taken a step towards freedom, lets see how she leads her life and seeks happiness.....
    keep it rolling.....waiting for more action, and drama!:2thumbsup:

9. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sridhar,

I have to say a special thanks to Mythili. In trying to help her paint a face to her dreams, I stumbled upon this Muse India profile and got to know so much more about you. Once again, I am so glad to know you:)
    Thanks to Vandhana, I read the story ' The Weaker Sex' and really really enjoyed it. A short story which seems to simply race forward with twists and turns. Having read so many of your stories where you mostly tread with care and caution regarding your characters, I got the feeling that you let your hair down while writing this one!!! ( Okay, another matter that you surely do not have any long hair to let it flow, he he he) A very crisp story and you are right, human beings come in many shades, be it man or woman. At least two women I know personally flit through my mind while talking about characters like this one:) Yes, sadly, they exist.
    May your success keep increasing by leaps and bounds Sridhar, like your imagination!

L, Kamla

1 person likes this.
  10. varalotti

Dear Sudha,

I did miss you on this episode. Now I know the reason. Shiva is a person, worth mourning, even if he is just an imaginary character. Goodness is good, even if it's imaginary.

With all eyes focussed on what I am going to do next, I am a little nervous. As the famed Cine Director Bala said, it is like writing a story, sitting under the spotlights, where everyone every letter that is written.

Yes more action and drama are in the offing. But do read my post below (after my reply to Kamlas post)
    regards,