1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

SHE - Episode 5

Discussion in 'SHE - Serial Story' started by varalotti, May 25, 2007.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Malathi for those words about the Dinamalar article. And you have not yet answered my question, Where does the character Malathi appear in SHE. You still have a day's time to give the answer.

Thanks for being with me in this story. I would be requiring the support of people like you as we advance further and further into the story.

regards,

2. varalotti

You have given me an inspiration, Sujatha!

Yes, Sujatha. Many times we do things in the wrong way and feel bad later on.
    I too had a similar incident yesterday.

In this context your post has given me an inspiration. Lets carry out a thought experiment as we get ready for the next episode.

Please see the next post for information.

thanks, sujatha.

3. varalotti

Most Gracious ILites,

I want to suggest a thought-experiment which will make us better individuals.

It's all about the kaash factor. The one thing most relished by ILites in SHE 5 was the real and the imaginary conversation between Rishi and Shalini. Shalini felt that had Rishi been a really loving spouse, the conversation would have been different as she imagined. Kaash, she sighs.

Now let us look deep into ourselves. In many instances we do something and then regret later on. Let us now take another look at those instances and narrate

A) What we actually did and said
    B) Ideally what we should have done and said

What happened may be with reference to your spouse, child, parents, friends, colleagues or even your maid.

Having this kind of experiments is sure to make us better in our relationships.

Let me lead the way by narrating what happened yesterday.

Please go to the next post.

regards,

4. varalotti

What I actually did and said:

I had gone out into the town around 11 AM. I got a call on my mobile. Thanks to the hot sun, thanks to the traffic congestion I was in a foul mood. I got a call on my mobile. My wife.

W: Where are you?
    Me: Sahara desert. What the hell of a difference would it make to you? Just tell me what do you want.
    W: (put off)
    Me: I don't have all the time in the world to stand in the scorching sun talking to you. Tell me right now or I am disconnecting.
    W: (frightened) I have a severe headache. Just thought whether you can get me a pain balm. But if its too much of a botheration, forget it.
    Me: ok
    I did get her what she wanted. But I felt very bad. What I did was unpardonable. Many times I had called her to ask where she was. And she had patiently answered the question.

What Ideally I should have done and said:

W: Where are you?
    Me: I am now waiting at the Devar Statute signal at Goripalayam. Tell me dear, do you want anything?
    W: Sorry to disturb you.
    Me: It's all right. Tell me what do you want?
    W: I have a headache. Can you get me a pain balm?
    Me: O sure. Do you have fever? Can I get you some tablets? Do you want to see a Doctor?
    W: Thanks for asking. I think it's because of lack of sleep. Just get me a balm.
    Me: sure, dear.

In both the cases she got what she wanted. But in the ideal situation both of us would have felt better. I am sure that my rude behaviour would have increased her headache by at least another 10%.

Looking forward to hearing your stories.

regards,

5. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    These types of things almost happen everyday in most people's lives. I too have been rude and impolite a lot many times to a lot many people. But, after exposure to Bhagawath Gita and a few upanishads, and practising meditation, I have improved as a human being.But I keep in mind one thing-'It is only "I" who can change.I cannot expect the world and environment to change.' And to my surprise, when I changed, the world seemed to change with me!
    And for guessing the character of 'Malathi in the story, is it the character of Shalini's mother or is she yet to come into the picture? Or by any means is she the counsellor? (Hope you have not come to the conclusion that I give a lot of advices to people!):wink:

I think i have to go over all the episodes all over again to find out who the character Malathi is.

1 person likes this.
  6. sujathae

sujathae Senior IL'ite

Dear Sridhar sir, A similar incident happened to me yesterday. My daughter is having her exams. I was making her study. My tuition students were writing maths test. My husband arrived from office. Normally as soon as he gets back i give him something to eat as he has his early lunch. So i went into the kitchen, put his tiffin box in the sink. Soaked some corn in water. Had plans of making sundal for him. I kept it near the sink. When suddenly one of my tuition boys called. he had a doubt. I rushed to the hall. clarified the doubt and by the time i returned to the kitchen my daughter pushed the vessel into sink (it was by mistake). All the corn kernels were down in the drain. Got wild and shouted at her. She started crying and left the place. Soaked some more corn fried that and took it to my husband. He started advising. He told the same thing u have written. I got wild and shouted at him too. He was upset and kept quiet. After some time i too felt very bad and apologized to both of them. So later realised that the entire episode could have been avoided had i put off my anger for some time. Under pressure, we lose our temper and treat our loved ones so badly. If we can put off that anger we can grow up to a better human being. Thanks for the nice advices. We learn from our mistakes.

Hello Mrs. Malathi, Still guessing interesting i too will join the game and shall give u a clue. It is the heroine's favorite person whom she is very grateful to.

Thanks and regards,

Sujatha

Last edited: May 28, 2007
    1 person likes this.
  7. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello

Shalini could not help visualsing the same scene had the person involved been a really loving husband.

“Hi Shal, have been trying to reach you since 12 30. You are all right, sweetheart?”

“Thanks for asking, Rishi. I am fine. Was with my Dad for lunch. I switched off my mobile to ward off disturbing calls from my office. I’m sorry, I forg
    “No problem, honey. As long as you are safe, it is okay. I just missed hearing your voice.”

“Is it anything important, Rishi?”

“Not really so, baby. I have been asked to go to Tuticorin with my boss, The Chief Engineer for an inspection. Kind of emergency. Do not have time to come home to pack my things. So if it’s not inconvenient for you…”

“No problem, Rishi. Shall I pack for two days?”

“Thanks, Shal. Two days at the maximum. But will try to be back within a day. I can't stay away from you for too long.........}

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

pengalukku piditha varigal
    yaarum ucharippathillai...!
    padithaavathu perumai paattukkollattumendru
    pen seitheero?

sathya

1 person likes this.
  8. varalotti

Hello Sathya,

And today my serial is blessed by your typical Anglo-Tamil poetical lines. I have a suggestion for you, dear friend. If only you can write your words in unicode Tamil (it is very easy to learn; you see, even I have learnt it and have started using extensively) then we can enjoy the poetical beauty of your words in their original form.

And Sathya, before I forget, I have opened up a "would-have-been" situation analysis with this episode. Can you just give your account in your inimitable poetical format?
    regards,

9. varalotti

Dear Malathi,
    You still haven't found your namesake in the story. Why dont you go through Episodes 2 and 3 slowly and find her out.
    Sujatha also has given enough clues. Best of luck.
    regards,

10. varalotti

This Week, It's Plastic Surgery!

Most Gracious ILites,
    We are going into the land of plastic surgery this Wednesday. Learning about rhinoplasties, lipos, augmentations and implants.
    Surpised? Just visit this Wednesdays thread. (If you see the link Cosmetic Surgery in my signature, you can click that to view the thread)

regards,