1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

SHE - Episode 4

Discussion in 'SHE - Serial Story' started by varalotti, May 17, 2007.

1. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Kamla is magnanimous to say that these views don't matter much. I think differing viewpoints make a discussion more interesting.

Dear Gayathri,

I really do not know what to make of your above comment.
    I enjoy the way we discuss and dissect and analyze Sridhar's stories. It is one of the highlights of his serials on IL. When I said to Malathi that my view point about a certain factor does not matter one way or the other, I meant exactly that...only...in regard to the situation that she portrayed. In the same sentence, I also made it clear that my views hold good to the story situation and the counsellor's advice there in. Hope you noted it.
    I have been crossing swords with Sridhar since quite sometime and am not afraid to voice my views and feelings, especially when I am convinced about a certain idea. But at the same time, I am willing to lend an ear to other's views and opinions too. I believe we can learn something new everyday from everyone. Only, the tuning must be right:)
    Hope to have interesting exchanges in future. My daughter too is an avid audio book enthusiast, putting her 40min commute to good:)

L, Kamla

2. gayathriar

gayathriar Bronze IL'ite

When I said to Malathi that my view point about a certain factor does not matter one way or the oWhen I said to Malathi that my view point about a certain factor does not matter one way or the other, I meant exactly that...only...in regard to the situation that she portrayed

Dear Kamla

I understood it exactly this way. It was more of a compliment to the way you clarified your differing viewpoint and brushed it aside to jump in and congratulate Malathy when her post touched you. Sridhar has aptly said 'You two have shown the way to the rest of the ILites how one should respond to a post having a different view'. I am not as eloquent as he is. So, please do accept my compliment as it is without thinking much of what to make of it - :).

-Gayathri.

3. Sindhuja

Sindhuja Silver IL'ite

Sir,
    I enjoyed reading episode-4. There is more to learn from Shalini's character.
    "The second rule is that when you are trapped in relationships, be it with your husband, your father-in-law, your colleague, your friends, why even your Dad, remember that you cannot GO out of any relationship. You can only GROW out of it. I have seen my friends divorcing their nagging wives only to marry even more nagging women."

I liked the second rule quoted above. This is not only for Shalini but for many others in this fast changing world. I started liking Shiva's character more after reading this episode.

4. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Sindhuja,
    I am happy that you have chosen the words which I very much loved writing. Take care to remember these words as in the future episodes, these will be remembered at a very poignant moment in the story.
    These lines had defined and also has refined my life.
    Thanks,
    sridhar

5. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Dear Sridhar

I too was shocked to hear the councelor's words and felt like Kamla and Vandhana.
    If a child is born to the couple under good terms, it is probable to stay together if later on their relationship sours.
    But to bring a child into this world when they are already having major issues, is not such a good idea.

Will read further on and see what decision Shal makes.

6. varalotti

Dear Usha,
    You are right about the child. As you read on you will know that I fully endorse your views on this regard.
    Some chapters of SHE are controversial. I was in for a harsh criticism when SHE 11 appeared. I removed that chapter when I translated into Tamil.
    regards,
    sridhar

7. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Shals seems she wanted to try on this marriage and also she tried to go to the counsellor first..rather than dragging or nagging her husband to come along with her ...showing / posing that they both have problem....i like shals in this attitude.....she identified a problem and started to look for a solution...

8. SuccessMinded

SuccessMinded Gold IL'ite

Super! Narration style is superb and very real.

9. varalotti

thanks Srividya for the fb. And sorry for the delay in responding to you as I completely missed out on your fb.
    Actually no worthwhile marriage counselling can happen if both the spouses visit the counsellor together. Because one of the possible suggestions might be to move away from the spouse.
    Shals has taken the right decision. But will all her future decisions be right? Time alone can tell.
    sridhar

10. varalotti

Thanks SM. Waiting for you in other episodes.
    sridhar