1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

SHE - Episode 3

Discussion in 'SHE - Serial Story' started by varalotti, May 11, 2007.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vidya,

Sorry. Please forgive me. Accept my apologies. I think my age is catching up with me. At that time I was thinking about the niece episode and I totally slipped your FB.

Thanks for the nice words which I will always cherish. I hate stories moving in straight lines. As it happens in real life the story happens at one time and the memories of the characters move back and forth to give us a real-life-like happening.

Well, as long as Shalini's mother was alive she could not come out fully well with her extremely assertive character. Her mother was a pacifying influence. In this experimental story I want to see what a woman can go up to and hence had no choice other than killing her mother.

If assertiveness is Shalini's fault, too much of attachment is Lakshmi's crime. And she had to pay dearly for that.

Once again, please excuse me, Vidya. I remember omitting to respond to Kamla though I answered all the other posts. Believe me it is just a slip which was neither deliberate or intentional.

regards,
    sridhar

Last edited: May 23, 2007
  2. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Varalotti,

Was expecting a charm offensive.

No probs, apology accepted. Reply relished. Am all pacified and mollified.

Thank you.

Vidya

3. varalotti

Thanks a lot Vidya. I am relieved.

4. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

You killed her mom:evil: !!!!!!!! Why, oh why???

Shobana

5. varalotti

At times, Shobana, some of the sideline characters have to move away to give full intensity and ferocity to the main character.
    And when you are in SHE 6 you are sure to curse me even more.
    Waiting for that.
    sridhar

6. Sindhuja

Sindhuja Silver IL'ite

Varalotti sir,
    Thank you for your wishes.

Coming to the story, I felt very sad when I read the part that Lakshmi dies. After reading SHE-3, we ( my DH, daughter and I) went for a walk. I did not enjoy the walk inspite of the cool air in the summer. It took more time for me to come back to normal. I acted as though it was real. My DH questioned about my silence, i did not tell him coz I know he will laugh at me.

Let me read the next episode to see how Shal feels.

7. varalotti

Sindhuja,

I am sorry that I spoiled your walk with your DH and daughter.
    Believe me, I also felt the same heaviness when I wrote this chapter. And even more heaviness when I wrote Episode 6.

I think God will also have similar feelings. See God is the author of our life-stories. At times He has to write sad episodes too, as no story can be complete without some element of tragedy or villainy. Try telling a story to your daughter which has all good and noble characters. She will be bored in no time.

If I meet your DH I need to apologise to him for spoiling his DW's moods while walking together.
    regards,

8. Sindhuja

Sindhuja Silver IL'ite

Varalotti sir,
    I just told you to know that how immersed I am in 'SHE'. I always go into the novel. If I like the story, I think about it whenever I am leisure. I enjoyed reading the first three episodes. Wonderful story. One bad thing is I don't get time to read it at a stretch.
    Have a wonderful time in U.S:-D !
    best regards,

9. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Dear Sridhar

You have very clearly depicted a mother's anxious moments during key events in her childrens' lives. Shalini must surely be going through two extreme emotions.

10. varalotti

Oh Sindhuja,
    Sorry for seeing your response almost after a year. I am happy that you liked the story. Thanks for the kind wishes.
    regards,